My new 160 SPS build

DrMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is the start of my build! I installed my new 7 stage RO/DI system. I put an auto flush on the RO/DI system.

IMG_3873.jpeg

Next I set up my RO/DI storage system and saltwater mixing station. both tanks are 100 gallons. I tried to think of all the possible scenarios and used lots of unions! Everything I read about and watched said that its not when you overflow your storage tanks but when, so I bought a 8 drum drip pallet and installed a drain to it for my storage system to sit on. It's probably a good thing I did. I bought an Avast Marine barrel tender V2 and it won't shut off. I am trying a couple of thing before I call them. It could be my error. As of today, no leaks!!!

IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_3875.jpeg
IMG_3876.jpeg
IMG_3878.jpeg

My tank is about 100' away but on the same level. am going to have automatic water changes through the Neptune DOS and ATO via the Avast Marine ATO from this room. I ran wire connecting the energy bar and RO tubing through the ceiling to make it to the tank.

IMG_3877.jpeg

Next, I will start to plumb the tank. I am planning a manifold under the tank and currently working on the specifics. the tank is a Red Sea XXL 750. Any thoughts or tips for plumbing the tank would be very much appreciated!

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

OP
OP
DrMike

DrMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my next stage. I have LEDs on lower sump level installed. I should be able to see better when I start my sump plumbing. I just hung my radions as well. Waiting on supplies from BRS!
9R9cLlBdQqaJ6OPkWIaN9w.jpg
nXIUwVwHRDWPEdCXOzVfVQ.jpg
pizUq0bhQNC8ZOjG1jRA9A.jpg

OP
OP
DrMike

DrMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I am working on my tank and sump plumbing. Here are the latest pictures. I have the over flow plumbed into my sump and I hung my UV Sterilizer behind the cabinet. No room for it otherwise. I am waiting for the algae reactor to show up along with the new protein skimmer. I will hook the carbon reactor, algae reactor and UV sterilizer to a manifold.

XUZzk9INROC1gu55fbIsXQ.jpg
P5SdEykZRWa7mxlkU2dluA.jpg
sBDbJ3geQyuZy4uzdwLLLQ.jpg
ZFrehHFVRsSBmw4FIDZ7OQ.jpg
NFBR3VwcSVSWs5+Dxj6nNg.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back