:)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for me to start conditioning lol.
This sounds like a great idea. I've been conditioning my whole life for this.

Drank vodka with some British Royal Marines in (insert sheet hole City in the middle east here) but they had an unfair advantage. 1) I hadnt drank in 6 months 2) I don't drink liquor.

I'll get them next time, I guarantee that.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like a great idea. I've been conditioning my whole life for this.

Drank vodka with some British Royal Marines in (insert sheet hole City in the middle east here) but they had an unfair advantage. 1) I hadnt drank in 6 months 2) I don't drink liquor.

I'll get them next time, I guarantee that.

Putting the five *s in first as it gets moderated, begins with P you kitty!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought you just did that! I get out of training around 5:30 then water changes on 2 tanks.. Fun Fun
I did, but being as macro cannot grow outside this time of year, I am rethinking things.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing major. Changing out the sump under the macro tank to just be a tub. Organizing some things, going to give the sand in the 7' frag tank a cleaning, and adding a ton of rock to the frag tank. It will no longer be a frag tank after that lol. That is what the 55g rubbermaid tub is for now.

Think anemone and acro growout for the 7' frag, 55g rubbermaid tub is now frag tied into 7' frag. Macro tank will now only be cool macros, as I have sold/gave away all but a small bit of cheato.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing major. Changing out the sump under the macro tank to just be a tub. Organizing some things, going to give the sand in the 7' frag tank a cleaning, and adding a ton of rock to the frag tank. It will no longer be a frag tank after that lol. That is what the 55g rubbermaid tub is for now.

Think anemone and acro growout for the 7' frag, 55g rubbermaid tub is now frag tied into 7' frag. Macro tank will now only be cool macros, as I have sold/gave away all but a small bit of cheato.
Sounds fun. Are you still planning on the u-shaped system?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds fun. Are you still planning on the u-shaped system?
not at the moment. Have to reseal the 500, so gonna do it first. This winter looks very busy, so who knows when I will get the 500 resealed. Luckily I have enough other thanks that the fish (not many) in the 500 are all in other tanks. The rocks are in 2x 100 gallon rubbermaid tubs tied into the macro tank. Me dosing pure ammonia into the macro tank should keep the bacteria all good until I get the 500 fixed lol. Only life in the macro tanks are crabs and green pistol shrimp. You know, that non reef or fish friendly stuff lol.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7-day guarantee claim came through, but the raccoons are no longer in-stock.
I was debating before whether to get an Auriga (Chaetodon auriga) or raccoon butterflyfish and the Auriga is still in-stock and ~$20 cheaper than I got the raccoon on sale-pricing.
I'm tempted to place another order, but maybe I should wait to make sure my QT is definitely cycled and has enough media to support larger bioload since I would also be ordering a few additional fish to add to the QT.

Another question: Has anyone tried pairing foxfaces before? I would really like a pair of Fijis in my reef, but I am not sure I want to take the risk of them fighting. If I try pairing, it does not work, and I catch one before any harm occurs, I will just relocate one into my basement FOWLR (which I wanted anyways, though I would probably chose the one-spot foxface (Siganus unimaculatus) since the FOWLR will be only a 90-gallon display which is possibly questionable for a full-size bicolor foxface).
Is it better to start fish out together in a quarantine when attempting to pair, or is this pointless or negative consideration?

Mostly, I'd better remember that the first step to success in this hobby is patience.

...P.S. I have a tentative date for Saturday, October 23 to build (and hopefully finish) my 125-125 steel stand with my fabrication shop supervisor, so I am stoked for progress on my build again!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.7%
Back