my new baby... AKA The Café

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure Simon could rip them a new one and in the end they will thank him for it. Something about that accent you can get away with alot before anyone realizes what's happening. If all else fails just start talking like crocodile dundee.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was counting on that hahahahaha man good stuff!
All kidding aside, I have found that when issues where interaction with customer service reps is involved, kindness actually goes a very long way. Ask them how they are doing when they ask you. Make your answer something to their question something like "Great, but (insert issue here) is putting a kink in things" and so on. I seem to get a lot farther quicker with that lol.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All kidding aside, I have found that when issues where interaction with customer service reps is involved, kindness actually goes a very long way. Ask them how they are doing when they ask you. Make your answer something to their question something like "Great, but (insert issue here) is putting a kink in things" and so on. I seem to get a lot farther quicker with that lol.
yes agree ,sorry i know this is not your fault,but... :mad: again i am sorry and thank you ,goes a long way.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes agree ,sorry i know this is not your fault,but... :mad: again i am sorry and thank you ,goes a long way.
Yup, but does make ya feel better to rip someone. Or just vent here works also lol.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Say this quickly. Whale beef Hooked.
connot compute,but my son pulled one ,just like that last night,had to tell me in end...funny.
don't remember either...:D:D:D:rolleyes:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When all else fails there's always this to fall back on:)
LAz36e.gif

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the butterfly. :(
The worst part about it is that they are currently sold out, so I will have to wait for a replacement.
...which is not all bad, since it gives me time to ensure a solid cycle in my QT first.
I guess I'm glad I was not too attached to the fish yet since I had it such a short time, but this is still my first purchased-marine-fish loss right after losing 2 of my original triggerfish due to aggression from the undulate triggerfish (which is doing great in my friend's 125, btw).

I keep sponges for my Auqaclears in all my sumps at all times. This way I can have cycled media if ever needed. It also is a good place for pods to reproduce while they sit there lol. Has been super helpful over the years.
Thanks for advice, @Eagle_Steve . This is totally my plan for the future, but my FOWLR does not have a sump. I still may occupy some tank space for cycling media, unless I only use a separate tank and supply with water from water changes.

I run sponge filters in my quarantines, And always have two in the sump I can pull out at a moment's notice. Two birds, one stone.
Thanks, Lost. That is a perfect solution to limiting/eliminating cycle time when in a hurry. Now I just need a sump! I'll probably set up a tank in my basement specifically for cycling media since I have plenty of extra space and plenty of extra tanks.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Frank!
So far, in my area, FedEx is the best shipper with UPS being a close second.

USPS is usually not great at all, especially when they keep delivering packages to become dog toys that get shredded across my yard even after I spoke to 3 different drivers multiple times as well as calling the office more than once to inform them that I HAVE A BIN FOR PACKAGES SO THE DOG CAN'T GET THEM! I cannot think of any way to make it simpler other than to get rid of the dog (which isn't going to happen).

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part about it is that they are currently sold out, so I will have to wait for a replacement.
...which is not all bad, since it gives me time to ensure a solid cycle in my QT first.
I guess I'm glad I was not too attached to the fish yet since I had it such a short time, but this is still my first purchased-marine-fish loss right after losing 2 of my original triggerfish due to aggression from the undulate triggerfish (which is doing great in my friend's 125, btw).

Thanks for advice, @Eagle_Steve . This is totally my plan for the future, but my FOWLR does not have a sump. I still may occupy some tank space for cycling media, unless I only use a separate tank and supply with water from water changes.

Thanks, Lost. That is a perfect solution to limiting/eliminating cycle time when in a hurry. Now I just need a sump! I'll probably set up a tank in my basement specifically for cycling media since I have plenty of extra space and plenty of extra tanks.
You can always keep sponges or bioballs in any filter system. Back in the day, I made an eggcrate cage for sponges that hung over the side of the tank. Was also for pod habitat as well. Was funny to watch native florida wrasses hit that thing right as the lights cut on. They knew they could get some of the pods lol.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
connot compute,but my son pulled one ,just like that last night,had to tell me in end...funny.
I'll try to not get censored. Whale bee = well i'll be. hooked. Replace the H with an f. F from beef replaced H from hooked. Whale bee- fhooked.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAH... :) ...GFI TRIPPED...approx 400+ gallon Frankentank, sump overfilled...just topped off late last night...
missed by 1/2 gallon?? ...:D:D:D;Facepalm:)
and back running ,no clue why tripped???
groundhog day ,i tell ya'
lucky,lucky lucky...;)
IMG_20211006_112522_910.jpg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always keep sponges or bioballs in any filter system. Back in the day, I made an eggcrate cage for sponges that hung over the side of the tank. Was also for pod habitat as well. Was funny to watch native florida wrasses hit that thing right as the lights cut on. They knew they could get some of the pods lol.
Yes, I will definitely be keeping sponge filters and bioballs in my filter systems as I develop my setups. As it is now, the only systems I have set up and running are my 75-gallon sump-less FOWLR and my 40-gallon QT. Pod habitat is an added benefit which will come in handy if I end up adding pipefish or mandarins to my macroalgae sump section in my build.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAH... :) ...GFI TRIPPED...approx 400+ gallon Frankentank, sump overfilled...just topped off late last night...
missed by 1/2 gallon?? ...:D:D:D;Facepalm:)
and back running ,no clue why tripped???
groundhog day ,i tell ya'
lucky,lucky lucky...;)
IMG_20211006_112522_910.jpg
Probably about that time to put the tools down and step away slowly till you hit the bed and sleep through the rest of it haha When I rains it pours. Tomorrow's always a new day man.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whale oil beef hooked.

Frank is gonna get the pg version of this!

I'm not a pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's mate, l'm only plucking pheasants as the pheasant plucker's late.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Sad to say, Can usually drink us under the table..
Not me!!!!!! Although that i nothing to brag about. They are used to higher percent beer, but I was used ot stuff that could have possibly made me go blind lol.

Those were the days though. I only drink a glass every now and then. Too many other things to do, and do not have time to recover like I used to lol.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.8%
Back