my new baby... AKA The Café

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone,
I am back, life stepped in and sent me down a new road....nothing bad....wife has a little skin cancer but they kind that does not spread. So been doing radiation treatments everyday. 3 weeks left to go....and $$$ 19K plus..put a dent in my fish money coffee can savings....
Hope everyone is doing good....

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how much do you all think a plumber would charge to show me how to best hook up my RoDI?

I need to hook it up in the garage. We have connections already for a softener system (came with the house). I have no idea how they’re plumbed and what the best way to connect my unit is. I know I need to plumb it in upstream of the softener thing. But beyond that idk.

maybe I’ll take some pics this evening and see if any of you could walk me through it
I have a idea, since my neighbor owns a plumb co and I wanted to hook my rodi up and fill the 300.
He said just go to home depot and get a part that screws on the water softner loop,since I have a hose bib so I can wash the cars in soft water. it look like the end of a garden hose. It was like $4.
I did this for now until I put one in the garage. When I do I will put a hose end on the water line so I can shut it off or turn it on when needed.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a idea, since my neighbor owns a plumb co and I wanted to hook my rodi up and fill the 300.
He said just go to home depot and get a part that screws on the water softner loop,since I have a hose bib so I can wash the cars in soft water. it look like the end of a garden hose. It was like $4.
I did this for now until I put one in the garage. When I do I will put a hose end on the water line so I can shut it off or turn it on when needed.

very interesting. Here’s a quick sketch of what I’m working with to last until I can get home and take some pics.

AC7EE0D6-7AF4-44A5-B547-5448981893CC.jpeg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dm'd them my size and never heard back
I called the store Wednesday and asked for our best friend.
Told whom ever came back to the phone my name (real world and R2R).
Acted very confused, like didn’t know what R2R was or who I was.
Not getting a warm fuzzy feeling.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone,
I am back, life stepped in and sent me down a new road....nothing bad....wife has a little skin cancer but they kind that does not spread. So been doing radiation treatments everyday. 3 weeks left to go....and $$$ 19K plus..put a dent in my fish money coffee can savings....
Hope everyone is doing good....
So sorry to hear that and hope shes doing OK.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, yup will definitely need phone pics. :rolleyes: looks like you setting up a beer tap :p

Yeah. The funny thing is that’s about how it looks in the garage. And thus my uncertainty as to how I should set up my RODI lol

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my POTO shipment , didn’t get the free frag they advertised about honestly wasn’t too impressed either , I think my first and last live sale lol

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to top everything else off i think @danieyella is ignoring me too.
fishdude… D… becca…. sad sad sad.
Lies. I've just been working and dealing with house stuff!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my POTO shipment , didn’t get the free frag they advertised about honestly wasn’t too impressed either , I think my first and last live sale lol
That’s sad. Why were you not impressed? If you reach out to POTO via email you should be able to work out whatever the issue is. They have great customer service.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s sad. Why were you not impressed? If you reach out to POTO via email you should be able to work out whatever the issue is. They have great customer service.
Have to wait for zoas to open , attached is what I got, just very small sps frag and I let them know in the email before my order about the live sale / free frag giveaway but still did not receive. They said they will put in with my next order but I’m afraid the same thing will happen so I’m not ordering again

Attachments

• DA66D367-D7BD-4761-88DE-3C7426CAE609.jpeg
    DA66D367-D7BD-4761-88DE-3C7426CAE609.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 66A5576A-FDC3-4227-8F70-D85209C22728.jpeg
    66A5576A-FDC3-4227-8F70-D85209C22728.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 26

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird.. I'll send another message today

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to wait for zoas to open , attached is what I got, just very small sps frag and I let them know in the email before my order about the live sale / free frag giveaway but still did not receive. They said they will put in with my next order but I’m afraid the same thing will happen so I’m not ordering again
Hmm, that’s very odd of them to forget to put in free frags.;Sorry Are you at least happy with the coral you did get?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, that’s very odd of them to forget to put in free frags.;Sorry Are you at least happy with the coral you did get?
Gotta wait until the zoas open to see if I am lol I’m just venting mostly but this is why I usually just trade / buy from local reefers

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back