My new SPS Tank

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing reefers tanks that use bulbs like 65k t5s or 10k halides or even the ones that just use a lot of their white channel. I think a lot of reefers overlook the benefits of using them. Also the art of keeping a simplistic tank is perfected by you sir. I am very happy I focused on keeping the most simple system I possibly could this time around. If people are wondering how they can get results like you I think they should focus on keeping it simple and running a good white daytime light schedule.
Third I think keeping nutrients low is huge for a system like this and keeping it that way from the start I would think is key, would you agree? I am curious, since I have followed most of your tanks that I am aware of, I don’t remember you ever running a tank with much readable nutrients. Have you ever tried keeping a tank with dirtier water or lots of fish? I feel like a lot of the bad wrap from people who didn’t have luck running lower nutrients came from people trying to achieve low values after running their tanks the opposite way for long period of time.
For anyone who hasn’t seen any of his past tanks I would check out his old threads. The one with sporax and no live rock was pretty unique. Looking forward to seeing these nice wild corals grow! That sarmentosa is going to be a beauty once the pink tips form, especially with that light base color your getting!

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I will do a video in English especially for reef2reef about my reef :)

I made some changes, here the new pic :

new-scape.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my god I think I saw some algae on a rock! ;) Didnt you use urchins in your last tank or am I thinking of another tank? I can see the corals are growing pretty good and I love that purple mille. I don’t remember you keeping any staghorn or branching acros before, I see an austera this time though. How come you haven’t kept a Formosa or something similar?

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my god I think I saw some algae on a rock! ;) Didnt you use urchins in your last tank or am I thinking of another tank? I can see the corals are growing pretty good and I love that purple mille. I don’t remember you keeping any staghorn or branching acros before, I see an austera this time though. How come you haven’t kept a Formosa or something similar?

I have some chaeto growing in my display :) I never had urchins

I already had formosa in my tank, the blue and brown ones

Best Regards

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just unreal, I love the natural coloration. So glad your posting updates on a new tank again man. The growth seems to be very good too, A++! Looks like in a few months you will have to start some bonsai clippings. Do you have reefers around your area you share frags with when you have to cut stuff?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking fantastic. Just proves how much more growth can be achieved in a short period of time when starting with the mini colonies. Standard frag sizes take forever to get where you started.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking fantastic. Just proves how much more growth can be achieved in a short period of time when starting with the mini colonies. Standard frag sizes take forever to get where you started.
Agreed.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. You put people with bottles into a stupor. I keep my fingers. In 6-8 months you will have a beautiful reef. :)

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar size as my system. Any tricks to keeping nitrate to 0 to 3? I've been having a difficult time getting below 15-25.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar size as my system. Any tricks to keeping nitrate to 0 to 3? I've been having a difficult time getting below 15-25.

I have siporax and matrix in my sump, I also have some small bottle with sand

Just unreal, I love the natural coloration. So glad your posting updates on a new tank again man. The growth seems to be very good too, A++! Looks like in a few months you will have to start some bonsai clippings. Do you have reefers around your area you share frags with when you have to cut stuff?

I don´t have a lot of friends here, people don´t like to hear the truth :) When I cut I leave the frag in some store to sell

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This one was small but had decent growth in 8 monthys

5ad.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back