MY POOR ROSE!! Help!!!

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can home home to see my beautiful in horrible shape. I’ll get to the reasons why I think this happened in a few but now I need your help immediately.

Will this nem release any toxin if it dies in the system? I’ve moved it to my sump for the time being.
DA304534-52D3-49E6-B185-C6995136B81C.jpeg
D0672B1E-E2A9-44A2-B460-921B21A0C463.jpeg

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe it will release toxins . They will disintegrate very quickly and cause ammonia spikes where that could be a big issue in your reef tank i would double check with others though.
Sorry , my first BTA decided to go down overflow into refugium . Can’t believe how small of opening they can get through!
Good luck!
If it were my BTA i would remove .

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t believe it will release toxins . They will disintegrate very quickly and cause ammonia spikes where that could be a big issue in your reef tank i would double check with others though.
Sorry , my first BTA decided to go down overflow into refugium . Can’t believe how small of opening they can get through!
Good luck!
If it were my BTA i would remove .
Thank you. Do you know if the anemone can survive with a gaping hole like this?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If setup in a QT with no stress or fish rubbing it, decent light, 100% water changes daily, they will recover with almost 100% success.

The biggest thing is to keep it away from clowns rubbing it. They are tough little critters and if left alone normally recover.

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If setup in a QT with no stress or fish rubbing it, decent light, 100% water changes daily, they will recover with almost 100% success.

The biggest thing is to keep it away from clowns rubbing it. They are tough little critters and if left alone normally recover.

Thanks, it’s away safely in my sump. No fish to bother it in there. Just one of its split baby’s from months ago.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He should be able to recover well down there.
What happened?

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He should be able to recover well down there.
What happened?
About 2 months ago my blue hippo took notice to the nem expelling food from its mouth. The blue hippo became obsessed with wanting more food from the nem. Even when I had nori in the tank it would hover over the nem constantly. To the point where the clowns took many chunks out of the hippos tail. I think the hippo picked at the nem even though I didn’t witness it. This hippo is known to chew my acans at randomness as well. I’m thinking the hippo thought a little picking at the nem would produce food. That my guess at least.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 months ago my blue hippo took notice to the nem expelling food from its mouth. The blue hippo became obsessed with wanting more food from the nem. Even when I had nori in the tank it would hover over the nem constantly. To the point where the clowns took many chunks out of the hippos tail. I think the hippo picked at the nem even though I didn’t witness it. This hippo is known to chew my acans at randomness as well. I’m thinking the hippo thought a little picking at the nem would produce food. That my guess at least.

Strange...first ive heard of that for a hippo.

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Strange...first ive heard of that for a hippo.
regarding the hippo feeding on what ever the anemone was expelling or the hippo chewing a hole in the nem?

Are clownfish prone to nibbling or chewing at a nem they host if the anemone is not doing well? In other words if this anemone was deflated for what ever reason, is it possible the clown/s picked at it?

Trying to decide wether or not to allow the hippo to remain. Who's the murderer?! I got no surveillance video in my DT lol!

OP
OP
Leadfooted

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately this one did make indue to the injury. We're pretty sure it was the hippo. I can't imagine the clowns doing this to their buddy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back