My Radion Schedule!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have gotten a lot of emails asking for my radion program and i am more than happy to share it. :tea: thought i may as well make it easy to find and readily available

EDIT!!!! Please read these easy instructions for using the drop box file:)

For all that are downloading the schedule that are only seeing the text file: simply remove the .txt extension from the file name and the .etg extension will remain which is the correct format for writing the schedule in ecosmartlive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4usu5mhmuc3vveo/2014-07-22.etg?dl=0

Last edited:

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome ill have to give it a try!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um... for those of us that have not afforded radios can you detail it a bit so we can maybe emulate it with our lights?

IE intensity settings and ramp periods? Mayne color mixtures?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Um... for those of us that have not afforded radios can you detail it a bit so we can maybe emulate it with our lights?

IE intensity settings and ramp periods? Mayne color mixtures?

lol really? ok well ill giver it a try

it starts off really dim and blue then gets whiter and brighter as the day goes on the get bluer and dimmer before turning off completely................................

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[emoji12] ok. That helps alot. Thanks man. Guess I need to get a radion to understand.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[emoji12] ok. That helps alot. Thanks man. Guess I need to get a radion to understand.

in all honesty i don't pay much attention to the actual numbers and percentages. just by what seems to look good. at least to me at that moment in time. the reef breeders i have programed are way simpler. a few hours of blue then all of everything then another few hours of blue and the stuff under them looks amazing!

Ultimately I think the corals adapt to whatever you give them. in the case of radion programming its more a matter of aesthetic taste than anything else. in my experience so far.

jb0187

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
link is not working for me it only downloads a text

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
link is not working for me it only downloads a text

yeah thats what it was doing for me when i tried it. some reason when i drag it into drop box it becomes a text file???? If you want to shoot mer your email ill be happy to email it to you.

really not sure what the deal is but if anybody has any tips I'm all ears lol.

drewsteriam5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats what it was doing for me when i tried it. some reason when i drag it into drop box it becomes a text file???? If you want to shoot mer your email ill be happy to email it to you.

really not sure what the deal is but if anybody has any tips I'm all ears lol.

Usually if you zip a file you can avoid any kind of filters on the files. Right click > Sent To > Compressed (zipped) Folder

Now on to my question. How far off of the water are you running your Reef Breeders? And how high do you have the blue and white channels get at peak times? I can't seem to find a happy medium between whites and blues.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cool. I'll see what I can do. I managed to post one through DB in a thread a while ago but I guess I don't remember exactly how I did it lol

I am running the rb's at 100% about 16" off the water. Par at the water surface is about 600

Last edited:

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam,

Are you using Fusion or reef link to program? Also maybe you can post a screen shot of your graph showing the colors for those that do not have Radions.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Adam,

Are you using Fusion or reef link to program? Also maybe you can post a screen shot of your graph showing the colors for those that do not have Radions.

Neither. Just good old esl. I'll get a shot. That's a great idea!

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neither. Just good old esl. I'll get a shot. That's a great idea!

How are you adjusting your settings? are you hooking up your computer via cable?

Sorry for all the questions I running 4 gen 2 radian pros on my display and anG3 Radion Pro on my frag tank.

Thanks for sharing, this is a thread way over due :amen:

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ha ha yep I use the old MacBook and a USB cable. I don't mess with the schedule to much and when I do it's really minor tweaks at this point. so I don't really need to be constantly toying with them

And please any questions at all just fire away. I'll do my best to answer them;)

I think I remember what I did to get the right link as well I'll try to fix it in the am

jmardis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my profile:

Screen Shot 2014-09-09 at 11.44.10 PM.jpg

I am using Apex fusion with WMX module. It works great BUT programming is different. I tossed my reef link in the trash as it was junk IMO.

The intensity is high due to tank is 36" deep with lights 8 inches above water. Reading 280 - 310 par on top level of rock.

What sort of par are you growing your acro's under? I want my Jareds Rainbow Milli to be happy, wink wink

[h=4][/h]

Reefdad68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam. I had the great pleasure of seeing Adams tanks on Monday in person and the corals are amazing!!!!!!! Wanted a frag of everything....just crazy...
The colors of the corals under Radions and Reef Breeders was unreal.... Picked up a few frags from Adam....Thank you appreciate the generosity!!! Will try and get a pic tomorrow....by no means am I a photographer though......one of the frags is called X-MAS Acro it is a truely unbelievable frag green with pink tips and bright green polyps that just glow like little led lights... all I can say is crazy!!!!

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah, we want some pictures of your display tank, Adam! Looks like you impress Reefdad68 a great deal. I have seen several tanks under LEDs and the colors are good, but everyone complains about the growth. You did mention before that growth under the Radions is great for you also. I wonder what is the disparity with the results from people report the lack of growth and others with good growth under LEDS.

It is water chemistry? It would be amazing if you can start a thread about your tank! Do you run bacteria or what filtration? Do you feed your corals with anything besides feeding your fish?

I am very very curious to know!

Some of us here in Houston are giving up on running all LEDs... I don't wnat to turn this into another lighting battle thread! Just curious and why some of us including myself do not have good results with LEDs.
Scott

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So i ran the file in the first post and it loaded right up to ESL. as far as I can tell it should work ok.

here is a shot of ESL.

Screenshot2014-09-10072702_zps98ca928d.png

Scott,

Thanks a lot. I can say that growth has not been explosive under radions at all.in fact that is one of my few complaints. Some corals very clearly love them more than others. but i think that may even be placement related.

Been meaning to do some sort of a system info thread one of these days.

here is my cut and paste version of some specs though.

Ultimately my systems are pretty simple. I don't dose anything like vodka and the like or or employ any of the more modern methods for nutrient control. Like pellets and gfo ect Just a nice big skimmer and very strict attention to alk and to ro/di water purity. I test my alk daily without exception. and use only 0.0 tds water.

Ive never been one to panic at the sight of a little algae and see it as either fish food of just a natural part of the system. all my systems are nutrient rich and my corals have responded well to it.

Until last i was all halides but have swapped over one of my main tanks to radions and one to t5. Mostly to have a broader range of light source and see how different corals react

The t5s really seem to produce the best color but growth is slower

The prop tanks are 12 inches deep and just about everything is getting blasted :)

Here are some quick Params

Alk. Tested daily! 8-9
Calc 400-420
Mag 1200
Sg 1.026
Temp 77-79

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back