OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close is the back of your tank to the wall and how do you clean the back glass?
About 4". I place a squeegee on a broomstick to wipe the outer glass. Ill post a video soon concerning it as many have asked this same question.

Inside the reef, I clean the glass with a 3' long arm scrapper. I have a number of videos on IG or Youtube showing me using it.

-Sonny

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to say that this reef will be upgrading it lighting? Stay tuned for more information, as well as some other images concerning a couple other reefs that are setup. One of which, hasn't yet been posted publicly.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to say that this reef will be upgrading it lighting? Stay tuned for more information, as well as some other images concerning a couple other reefs that are setup. One of which, hasn't yet been posted publicly.
Tuned in.

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I mentioned a little bit ago that I was upgrading the lighting. I decided to upgrade the XR15's from G5 to G6, and will eventually upgrade the XR30's. I am now collaborating with Aperture (BRS/Ecotech/AI) so the upgraded units were provided, free of charge.

I have been very happy with the Radion G5's for almost four years now. So, it was an easy choice to upgrade to the G6's. I cant comment on the spread of light differences, as I have multiple lights up, overlapping each other in coverage.

However, I can say that the difference in spectrum is noticeable, with more UV and Violet LEDS in the mix. I cant quite describe the look in words, but everything just glow's and pop's a bit different than the G5's, and in a better way. The color rendition is richer, and reminds me of the old MH/VHO combo. Needless to say, I like it and my corals are doing great.

Check out this latest video of the reef, after hours when the main lights have shifted from white to blue. For daily video's, follow along on Instagram @Reefsite

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I mentioned a little bit ago that I was upgrading the lighting. I decided to upgrade the XR15's from G5 to G6, and will eventually upgrade the XR30's. I am now collaborating with Aperture (BRS/Ecotech/AI) so the upgraded units were provided, free of charge.

I have been very happy with the Radion G5's for almost four years now. So, it was an easy choice to upgrade to the G6's. I cant comment on the spread of light differences, as I have multiple lights up, overlapping each other in coverage.

However, I can say that the difference in spectrum is noticeable, with more UV and Violet LEDS in the mix. I cant quite describe the look in words, but everything just glow's and pop's a bit different than the G5's, and in a better way. The color rendition is richer, and reminds me of the old MH/VHO combo. Needless to say, I like it and my corals are doing great.

Check out this latest video of the reef, after hours when the main lights have shifted from white to blue. For daily video's, follow along on Instagram @Reefsite

Not in a place to watch the video, but did you go with the blue or pro xr30s? Congratulations on the collaboration!

BR260354

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sonny, great looking tank.

I'm in the planning phase of an upgrade. Moving from a RS 200xl to, well, before seeing your setup, RS 500 G2+ Peninsula. Now I'm thinking, and also trying to convince my wife, going with the Waterbox 6025 which would be around 10" longer than the RS 500. The 700 G2 is a bit too wide. The 25" wide would fit better in my space.

I assume you've been very pleased with the Waterbox?

Unfortunately, I already purchased 3 48" AI Blades for the future setup. I could look to see if I can get an exchange.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have measured par on my XR15 gen 5 lights at 100%. They will grow SPS but barely getting 350 at the top a few inches below the surface.
With Sonny having xr30s too I’m curious to see his numbers since the lights are fairly close to each other.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have measured par on my XR15 gen 5 lights at 100%. They will grow SPS but barely getting 350 at the top a few inches below the surface.
Don’t tell rtparty that! He blocked me after I called him out claiming he was hitting 200+ in the sand! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I had those lights! They put such a bad taste in my mouth I’m using halides!

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's running gen 6 XR15s now and then will upgrade to the 30s. according to his posts in the thread here.
Got it thank you. I run a xr30 blue on a Biocube at 77% intensity on AB+. Par is in the 400+ mid to upper and 250-300 on the bottom. I want to add 1% increments but find the corals pale out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back