My Radion Schedule!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. How do you control nutrients? Just water changes? you make it sounds so easily lol.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high do you have your lights off the water and do you have LPS in the system as well or strictly SPS?

Thanks
Kevin

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, you should write a pocket book for this info "Battle your way through the reef hobby"

xtlosx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this Adam. I just randomly decided to send you an email about this a couple of days ago, and sure enough you have a thread for it already..

I've been trying to figure out recently why I'm having some faded colors on a bunch of my acros more in the middle and top region of my rock work. I noticed you are running your lights 100% at the peak, while mine is 65% but you also have them 18" above the water. Mine are about 8" so my guess is I'm just nuking them with light. I need to get a PAR meter and validate, but that's my initial thought. Colors are slowly coming back, but it's just taking some time.

I need to make it up there and pick up some nice pieces from you. Thanks again!

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, you are truly a give backpack kinda guy not scared to share your trade secrets. I know all of us appreciate that and your reputation as a coral vendors supersedes yourself. So thanks for keeping it real and giving back to the hobby. Battlecorals will be in my tank at some point soon. The tank move is done and new one set up and running. Corals are ****** and lost a couple fish, but that's part of the deal I guess. Here's a quick peak

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm running a tweaked version of this on my 3 radion pros.

SPS is all blowing up :)

Thanks Adam!

That is fantastic! happy to hear it although i suspect theres more than just the lighting at play here. sounds like the tank is thriving

Adam, you are truly a give backpack kinda guy not scared to share your trade secrets. I know all of us appreciate that and your reputation as a coral vendors supersedes yourself. So thanks for keeping it real and giving back to the hobby. Battlecorals will be in my tank at some point soon. The tank move is done and new one set up and running. Corals are ****** and lost a couple fish, but that's part of the deal I guess. Here's a quick peak

Love it man! cubes are the best for sps. Thanks for sharing. I always say i have no secret tricks. truly i am an open book when it comes to methods or techniques or anything for that matter. I am not doing anything special or outside the box really just tried and true practices that have proven effective;) LED have just been a little experiment that has worked

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just loaded up your schedule. Getting the aquarium ready for the super baller pack!

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I was going to PM you this question but I bet others want to know. I apologize if you've answered this before. First thing to be noticed about your schedule is that it is LONG. Any particular reason for that? Does it have to do with business hours? Do you notice better growth and color with longer photoperiods? My previous schedule was 12 hrs and it's the longest I've ever run, I've always done 8-10. I like the fact that I can enjoy the tank all day, especially on the weekends. My concern is the length may affect things negatively? I did raise my lights slightly and cut the intensity by half. By the time my frags arrive I will probably be around 80% with the goal being 100%. My tank is 19" deep and coral placement is all on the bottom or middle, so logic tells me I don't have to acclimate anything you send my way, LOL!!

Thanks....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Y
Adam, I was going to PM you this question but I bet others want to know. I apologize if you've answered this before. First thing to be noticed about your schedule is that it is LONG. Any particular reason for that? Does it have to do with business hours? Do you notice better growth and color with longer photoperiods? My previous schedule was 12 hrs and it's the longest I've ever run, I've always done 8-10. I like the fact that I can enjoy the tank all day, especially on the weekends. My concern is the length may affect things negatively? I did raise my lights slightly and cut the intensity by half. By the time my frags arrive I will probably be around 80% with the goal being 100%. My tank is 19" deep and coral placement is all on the bottom or middle, so logic tells me I don't have to acclimate anything you send my way, LOL!!

Thanks....

Hi there,

Well I like the idea of a long slow ramp up and down. The peak time is only about four hours and the first and last two hours are really soft and dim.

Ultimately there's a solid eight or nine hours of hot light and the rest is ramping. I guess I was going for the effects of a long summer day;)

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how dense is your Radion coverage? I know Ecotech recommends one per 24x24 square, but in my experience, we need somewhere around twice that. Is that what you're seeing?

Do you have any issues with shadowing? Are the Radions supplemented with any other light source?

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats what it was doing for me when i tried it. some reason when i drag it into drop box it becomes a text file???? If you want to shoot mer your email ill be happy to email it to you.

really not sure what the deal is but if anybody has any tips I'm all ears lol.

Hello Adam, just bought my first Radion G3 Pro but having tons of inconvenience caused by the Reeflink, please neeeeeed your help, just tried to open the profile on the dropbox but it doesn't work.
My email is [email protected], I'm finishing my tank cycling and will be ready to order a robust frag pack from u but wants to have the lights ready and not waste or kill the corals. Thanks and really appreciated.

P.D. May helps, my tank measures are :36L x 24D x 20H, im not using any sand just travertine tiles to void detritus, nitrates and phosphates. Thanks and Happy Reefing!!!!!

Simon

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has these exact setting for fusion or just the Apex code. I've googled a lot and can't seem to find BC exact setting "translated" to apex code. I'm getting pretty good color with my settings but would like to check them against these.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Adam, just got the profiles, still trying to use them but kinda complicated for my knowledge, Thks anyways

jaydogg76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i ran the file in the first post and it loaded right up to ESL. as far as I can tell it should work ok.

here is a shot of ESL.

Screenshot2014-09-10072702_zps98ca928d.png

Scott,

Thanks a lot. I can say that growth has not been explosive under radions at all.in fact that is one of my few complaints. Some corals very clearly love them more than others. but i think that may even be placement related.

Been meaning to do some sort of a system info thread one of these days.

here is my cut and paste version of some specs though.

Ultimately my systems are pretty simple. I don't dose anything like vodka and the like or or employ any of the more modern methods for nutrient control. Like pellets and gfo ect Just a nice big skimmer and very strict attention to alk and to ro/di water purity. I test my alk daily without exception. and use only 0.0 tds water.

Ive never been one to panic at the sight of a little algae and see it as either fish food of just a natural part of the system. all my systems are nutrient rich and my corals have responded well to it.

Until last i was all halides but have swapped over one of my main tanks to radions and one to t5. Mostly to have a broader range of light source and see how different corals react

The t5s really seem to produce the best color but growth is slower

The prop tanks are 12 inches deep and just about everything is getting blasted :)

Here are some quick Params

Alk. Tested daily! 8-9
Calc 400-420
Mag 1200
Sg 1.026
Temp 77-79

Wow 15 hours

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back