sradosevich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in this hobby since I was a teen. My current living situation is such that a large tank is not feasible , nor is a whole house generator that I had on my previous house... But I'm making due and making equipment selections that will lend themselves to a future big upgrade when life permits it.

My current setup is a total gallonage of 50 including the Red Sea external sump upgrade I recently performed.

Illumination: Lighting is provided by the Red Sea MAX 26 (AI Hydra 26) using the David Saxby profile available from AI. Lighting control is by using the native AI wifi interface, not really liking the Apex control feature set for this fixture.

Flow: My main sump return is a 500gph Mag 5 with internal flow being provided by the original AIO pump still plumbed from the overflow and a Chinese knock off gyre-type wave maker I found on Amazon.

Filtration: The sump has a single filter sock assembly, which requires changing every other day and is followed by a Tunze 9410 DOC skimmer. Also included in the sump is a PaxBellum ARID N-18 Chaeto reactor. Its a tight sump that is already out of space!

Control: I run an Apex and love it. I ran earlier neptune controllers with good success and think the current hardware is great! I have a Neptune DOS and DDR that I use to dose ESV two part. I also have a Neptune Trident and utilize it for automated dosing control. A Neptune ATK is used to handle RO water topoffs from a ten gallon aquarium stored in an adjacent cabinet and an additional optical sensor is used to monitor the top off reservoir for low water. All of this is unfortunately subject to relatively frequent power outages in the area that I live and as such I have all of the equipment going through an APC 1500VA UPS.

I will have more pics and more on my setup and livestock in the near future! For now thanks for having me as a new member and hit me up if you have any questions so far!

IMG_20200904_161948.jpg

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter has the E-170 with the Reef LED 90 on it. We decided to not go with the sump so we would have storage room. Only thing we don't like is the stock skimmer. I have been contemplating replacing it.

Schumanistan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you upgrade to the sump after the tank was up and running? If so how difficult was it and what were the steps to upgrade? I’m buying the Trigger Platinum 20 Cube and converting the pipe work to standard, however my tank is currently up and running as an AIO.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back