Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @powers2001
They are one of the more deepwater species of butterfly, however the subgenus they belong to (roaops) is a very hardy genus and adjust well to captivity, it also includes the tinkers butterfly. He was eating at the lfs, so far he loves mysis and brine, and some of the stuff on the rocks.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200601_182501.jpg
20200601_182258.jpg
20200601_182514.jpg
20200601_182609.jpg

A few photos i took today and..
It turns out montiporas are tasty....
But we'll pretend that doesnt happen lol

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im bored so i thouhgt id do this lol

So fish id like to add in the future;
-more randalls and flavvogutatus anthias
-maybeeeeeeeeeeee a venusta angel that is small
-a hooded/bathyphillus fairy wrasse
-a pintail fairy wrasse
-lined or china tamarin wrasse, would love a red tail though, one of my fav fish
-macropharyngodon cyanogutattus
-some small gobies like sharknose gobies though maybe my black cap gramma will eat them
-a harem of geometric pygmy perchlets, idk if thats possible but i think it would look cool.
-maybe a liopropoma of some type
-a corallivorous butterfly to rescue
-some more cool anthias
-probably other things that i forget.
-id like more angels but i feel mr multibar would kill them, but i feel a vensuta may be similair enough he would pair up with it instead of killing it. Or else maybe get him a multibar to pair with

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also female betta fish are evilllllll.
They impregnate the male with eggs to incubate in his mouth for 2 weeks. He cant eat during this time. Then his wife beats him up and he vant retalliate because he might swallow the eggs. And then when he releases the baby bettas from his mouth, she eats them.

But shes cute and jumps for worms so its all ok

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200616_185158.jpg

She is so cute lol. I hope i can find her some friends so mr lyretail anthias doesnt scare her as easily

following your journal has me low key obsessed with this anthias- it’s so beautiful - I’ve been doing reading whatever I can on them (not that there’s tons available). Would love to have a shoal some day!

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following your journal has me low key obsessed with this anthias- it’s so beautiful - I’ve been doing reading whatever I can on them (not that there’s tons available). Would love to have a shoal some day!
Yea they are so pretty lol. Ive found that they didnt like large food at first but with time they were able to take mysis. Does that mean you are planning an upgrade sometime?

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha some time... but first I’m moving from sf to Paris (France) this summer (yeah during the pandemic! - my husband’s French and we’ve been planning the move for a year now) so I’ll be tank-less for some time first:(
Oh that sounds like it will be interesting to go to. Sorry youll be tank less for sometime, and hope you stay safe there in all this.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m excited for the move, hopefully we’ll be able to make a long term home there. Ridiculously (or wisely?) one way I’ve been dealing with emigrating is finding marine aquarium stores in and around Paris and online fish/coral suppliers in France. The apartment we’re moving to at first is super small so there’s no chance of a tank there, but I hope/expect one will come in the future and it will have been dreamed up for years in advance!

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m excited for the move, hopefully we’ll be able to make a long term home there. Ridiculously (or wisely?) one way I’ve been dealing with emigrating is finding marine aquarium stores in and around Paris and online fish/coral suppliers in France. The apartment we’re moving to at first is super small so there’s no chance of a tank there, but I hope/expect one will come in the future and it will have been dreamed up for years in advance!
Oh thats really cool, you might get to see some dejong marinelife fish there. I bet that will be a pretty tank when its running. Whenever i go on trips to England, although not exactly the same s moving there, i always love to check out all the stores there i can visit, really want to visit this one called advanced aquarium consultancy outside London. Do you have any ideas how big youd like the tank to be, i guess you probably wont know until the time comes.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I thought you lived in England actually, must have misunderstood when you mentioned you went on a trip there. And yeah I don’t know, I hope it will be a 75-120 gallon but it will depend on so much I can’t know now like the size of my home/my finances. I think I will at least do a 20 long and I hope a 40 breeder size when I start again, as a fish lover the 10 gallon is limiting

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from Ireland, well northern Ireland, but Ireland sounds cooler lol.
Thats a nice sized tank. Hope you get to keep a multibar angel when you get your tank running, as i think i remember you saying it was a dream fish.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah you’re from N. Ireland! As I wrote my last message I was thinking - watch him be from Ireland/Scotland and you’re stepping in centuries of conflict like the clueless American you are- sigh:rolleyes:
A friend of mine lived in Ireland for a few years (she went to college there and stayed a bit after). So I’ve actually visited (like in 2006). We did a road trip to Northern Ireland, which I mostly remember for being so beautiful in terms of nature (giants causeway and the hikes we did). I also remember seeing a sea hare or some kind of large green Nudibranch in a tide pool by a castle on the sea. it’s funny how some of the members I’ve most connected to on r2r are European (like you and Lasse). After all this pandemics over If you ever visit to Paris lmk!

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, yea it is a beautiful country but very politically conflicted at times. I live somewhat near the giants cause way, its very pretty on a nice day. Its kinda crazy sometimes seeing all the tourists from as far away as China and Asia just wanting to see that landform. That nudibranch type thing sounds cool, there's a lot nice places to see those things, especially i remember visiting Donegal for a birthday and there was tonnes of cool marine life to collect and release.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back