OP
OP
Fishyj

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my reef-pi running and it has been working flawlessly. I am installing it later today on my tank. I will also be adding a mechanical float as my safety for the ato. Out of the 10 outlets I have, 2 are from the GFCI, 4 are always on and 4 are controlled by reef-pi. If I every need to control more outlets it would take about 10 minutes to wire up. I have the temperature, ato, fuge light and skimmer controlled by reef-pi. I will eventually add a doser to my build but for now it's not necessary. I also decided not to add my lights to reef-pi. I run sb reef lights and I already have an a wireless program for that.

OP
OP
Fishyj

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I go ahead and move this over to my tank , I wanted to make a backup copy for me. I need advise and some assistance regarding this. I did try copying my sd card to my desktop and then copy it to another sd card but that was a fail. Also can you run your program through the usb instead of an sd card?

OP
OP
Fishyj

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: The reef pi has been working great with Mike Lanes board. I have been using temp, ato and a timer for the fuge. I still want to get a back up sd card for the controller. I would like to thank everyone for the help along the way with this controller and for everyone that helped with reef-pi especially @Ranjib. I also will be adding a cost breakdown to my thread.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very delightful to read. To reproduce a reef-pi instance , all you need is the exact same /var/lib/reef-pi/reef-pi.db file and same reef-pi version. Together they can exactly recreate a reef-pi installation. Just keep the dB file in someplace safe. It’s so small you can keep it in email. And note down the reef-pi version, you can always download it from github.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back