OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you able to order from that guy? Does he have a website or some other way of contacting him?

Hes local and isn't setup for retail. He doesn't ship either so idk how you would even get rock. I do have a few extra hundred pounds but shipping is gonna be killer =/

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I loosely installed the New Gen 4 Ghost overflow and took some close up shots. Here you get a good shot of the weir and front
IMG_2272.JPG
Ghost Laser Etched Logo
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

Notice the polished and chamfered edges and tongue and groove design. It really makes the whole thing SUPER STRONG! I feel like I can drop this thing 5ft and nothing would happen to it.
IMG_2282.JPG

The inner box is super skinny and low profile
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG

One thing thats hard to capture on camera is that BOTH the Inner and Outer box have a thick layer of black epoxy resin that creates a completely waterproof seal, even tho the acrylic welds would more then suffice on their own. Its this extra step and level to detail that separates the Ghost way above the competition. Below you can see the THICK polly lid that locks in place
IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

Last edited:

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a fun build. Lots of nice toys! Wish there was more info on the stand - I'm dead curious how that long open span in front is supported. Nice simple design.

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a fun build. Lots of nice toys! Wish there was more info on the stand - I'm dead curious how that long open span in front is supported. Nice simple design.
Its beefed up with two beams going across the front. Each corner is a 5x5 column. This design is now standard at Reef Savvy and has been used on tanks up to 6ft (mines only 66").

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the main difference between the new ghost and the old?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its beefed up with two beams going across the front. Each corner is a 5x5 column. This design is now standard at Reef Savvy and has been used on tanks up to 6ft (mines only 66").

OK, just couldn't see the beam structure in the photos. Hidden steel?

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe its multiple sections of plywood sandwiched together vertically between the two columns that holds the load.
Although the 2" of glass on the phantom bottom of the aquarium could possibly hold that load alone!

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the main difference between the new ghost and the old?
Theres a Few Things:
1. The External Box is now even slimmer at 2.75″ front to back and the length is now 21"
2. The External Box is now at the same hight as the internal one. On previous models it was a few inches lower which has the potential extreme cases lead to overflowing. Mind you this is EXTREMELY unlikely as there are 3 drains that would need to fail before this happens. It also IMO is more visually appealing
3. The new teal inserts and laser etched Reef Savvy Logo
4. Now both the Internal & External Box have resin filled bottoms which prevent leaks of any kind

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like how this is shaping up! Great work!

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like how this is shaping up! Great work!

Thanks me too! I'm actually quite proud of myself, but none of this would have come out remotely as nice if it wasn't for a few key people. @Zaffor has been INTRUMENTAL in this build and am so grateful for his help!!!

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW for those who don't know this is my saltwater mixing station. I have posted it up in a different thread, but I figured it needs to be posted in here. It's located in my laundry/pantry room and will do the auto water change with the DÓS. There's also a 3/8 line from here that can pump Clean SW to the tank manually if needed

IMG_2373.JPG

Last edited:

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He made it himself Marco
Its aluminum bar stock cut and bent then painted and attached to the mounting holes for the hanging kit

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back