OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a beautiful sump looks breath taking . I am wondering why so many bulkheads on the return section?

I was planning to run an algae scrubber but now I'm thinking just a fuge so nothing at he moment. But they offer space for frag tank drains if I ever choose to do some

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks awesome :) So clean. That light bracket for the LED looks like it should be offered with the LEDs or the T5 unit. I am also quite envious of that rock, it looks perfect.

Looking forward to watching this progress.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply beautiful, I look forward to seeing it all come together for you. Also, the fish room is excellent.

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump arrived today. Can't wait to open it up more after I get home from work today. Here's a quick picture. This thing is massive. I knew it was going to be big but in person it's huge. Just what I wanted for water volume and stability

IMG_2687.JPG

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris155hp what a unbelievable sump , absolutely love it. Can't wait for this build to progress more and more. I wanted to ask you how many bulbs is your Matrixx II? And what made you go with Giesemann over ATI?

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris155hp what a unbelievable sump , absolutely love it. Can't wait for this build to progress more and more. I wanted to ask you how many bulbs is your Matrixx II? And what made you go with Giesemann over ATI?
Thanks and it's an 8 bulb. Honestly I like the Giessman bc it has 3 channels and it looks better imo over the silver ATI I have an ATI on my old tank so wanted to try something new . Being rimless I think astetics of the lights matter more then usual

@Chris155hp paint the inside of your stand white
I like the wood look makes the white stands out better.

Last edited:

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's a makes perfect sense on the light matter. Is it the Bluetooth dimming capability or the standard T5 ? So I am imaging that there are three different power cord coming out of the light fixture or four , a cord per pair of ballast. Sorry I am only asking these question is cuz I picked up a standard 75g 48x18x20in tank that I'll be installing a ghost overflow on and I am looking a lot at T5 lighting . And I am in between 4,6,8 bulb. More leaning towards 6,8 bulbs . Which would you recommend ? I am really loving the look of the Matrixx over the "metal box lighting " quoted from another Reefer lol . But in reality all I want is success this will be my first reef build that I am planning.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry another question regarding the Matrixx II is the bottom panel or splash guard acrylic or is it glass ? I could not find anything on line about it sorry [emoji52] I must sound dumb asking all theses questions

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's a makes perfect sense on the light matter. Is it the Bluetooth dimming capability or the standard T5 ? So I am imaging that there are three different power cord coming out of the light fixture or four , a cord per pair of ballast. Sorry I am only asking these question is cuz I picked up a standard 75g 48x18x20in tank that I'll be installing a ghost overflow on and I am looking a lot at T5 lighting . And I am in between 4,6,8 bulb. More leaning towards 6,8 bulbs . Which would you recommend ? I am really loving the look of the Matrixx over the "metal box lighting " quoted from another Reefer lol . But in reality all I want is success this will be my first reef build that I am planning.

The 60" does not come in dimmable at the moment. I know it originally did but they pulled it because of issues with the drivers. Even if it did I would still go with the non dimmable as I want my apex to have complete control. The 8 bulb has 3 power cords and one cord for the fan. Two cords each control 2 bulbs and the last one controls 4 bulbs (So 2-2-4) . My recommendation is go at least 6 bulbs (that's what I had success with on my old sps tank) but if you go Acro and SPS dominant I favor 8 bulb do to more options with bulb combo. You could even go two 6 T5 bulbs and use the last two slots for the E5 led bulbs to give you that Royal blue led pop, which is an option I seriously considered. This way everything is enclosed in just one fixture. I even thing they just came out with a Gen2 E5 Blue pop thats even better then the first one. Also which ever you choose heavily favor blue plus bulbs.

Sorry another question regarding the Matrixx II is the bottom panel or splash guard acrylic or is it glass ? I could not find anything on line about it sorry [emoji52] I must sound dumb asking all theses questions

Its acrylic

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much Chris155hp I will take all this into consideration, thank you again . And right now I am leaning a lot on the 8 bulb option
If you can swing it that would be my recommendation. Remember you dont have to use all the 8 bulbs slots you could do 6 as long as the left out bulbs are all on the same channel.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back