IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

BuildingAnObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good points. I would really love to go with ReefSavvy but the price is so much higher then others like AGE who I am really leaning towards. I really cant see the Savvy being that much better for 3 times the cost but maybe I am just being cheap lol Pictures like yours makes them look absolutely stunning though. Surprisingly, I am trying to limit myself on total gallons, mainly due to water change amounts. I like to do around 10% a week and with that I would be over 15 gallons a week including sump volume. I am not to worried about water stability with this size, my current system is around 75 gallons and that's not been too much of an issue for me.
Really I am trying to find the sweet spot between length for swimming fishes and depth "front to back" because I love the look and room to play with a deeper tank. Looking at it that way, for me, I don't see an extra 6" making much of a difference expect for adding more water to my water change schedule.

As for lighting. I am currently using Kessil 360's. I am not unhappy with them and I love the shimmer they produce but as always I am curious about what others could do for me. Right now I plan on using 3 Kessils but have thought hard about GHL's new fixture they came out with. Either way I will build a slim canopy to match the stand and hide the lights.

Basically I guess I am limiting the size of my upgrade based mainly on water changes. If that wasn't a concern I would love a 6' tank but that's just too much water I feel and I would really like to stay at a maximum of 15 gallons a week. For a sump I am about settled on a new design by Elite. They will be building a 40" model with a roller mat integrated in it. Looks really promising and delays another maintenance item.

Know this post is old but a word of warning when it comes to AGE. I bought a new tank from them and it blew out in 8 months. They admitted it was their fault, but wouldn't do a thing about it. Just my experience.

Great to see the sump under the tank Chris. Quite the build you got going. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zaffor and I were able to do a bit of plumbing. I know it doesn't look like much but a lot of the time we spent planning. Originally planned on using the square cutout in the stand but we think this way will be much cleaner. Gotta figure out how we close the hole. Thinking of getting a veneer for the entire back section

IMG_2715.JPG

Last edited:

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup looks great and I've been following along for awhile now.

Quick question, how are you handling top off water? Also, are you planning on dosing or going with a Ca reactor?

OP
OP
Chris155hp

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup looks great and I've been following along for awhile now.

Quick question, how are you handling top off water? Also, are you planning on dosing or going with a Ca reactor?

Thanks and ATO is going to be Neptune Apex ATK. Can't really talk about it since it's still in beta and we're under NDA. And dosing will be handled by Dós and 2 part

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great!

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you've already answered this, but what are the dimensions of the electronics section and would you make any changes to them after starting your wiring?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back