bdb9b0ccdeaf18a1b689c8218093f4fc.jpg
1f7d31fae4889ce7034fc4cc0974d335.jpg
a6276061a1f12c0c96224200df987a69.jpg

maevepotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the only woman here (probably) don't forget about seating! :) You're going to want to sit and enjoy :)

Congratulations on getting clean. I wish someone I know would follow your example. I've also heard running is a very good outlet for addicts because it activates the same centers in the brain.

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the only woman here (probably) don't forget about seating! :) You're going to want to sit and enjoy :)

Congratulations on getting clean. I wish someone I know would follow your example. I've also heard running is a very good outlet for addicts because it activates the same centers in the brain.

Im gonna put stools around the outside of the tables... thise will look slick and you will be head level looking into the 6’ frag tank... will look like a sushi bar table... lol... Trust me, I do my fair share of running, it does make you get a boost in oxygen and it helps me think clearer... thanks for the kind words... you guys have no idea what your words of encouragement feels like... I feel like a 13 year old getting complimented on how great my science project is or how well I did on a test... lol... very weird admitting that, but hey I have no shame... as far as im concerned ive been to hell already...

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, agree with the above. Wife’s buyin is likely the hardest hurdle in this journey, so you are off to a great start. As you are filling your room, just remember that some of us only got an emtry space by the staircase!

My situation is the opposite. I am the wife. Hubby wouldn’t give me the wall in the family room. Would have been a nice set up. Could have cut through to the closet behind the wall. Problem was his 60in TV. Wouldn’t move it over the fire place. He did give me a wall in the formal living room[emoji854]

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My situation is the opposite. I am the wife. Hubby wouldn’t give me the wall in the family room. Would have been a nice set up. Could have cut through to the closet behind the wall. Problem was his 60in TV. Wouldn’t move it over the fire place. He did give me a wall in the formal living room[emoji854]

Good for you!!!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Make that two women and I agree,
need seating! :)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna put stools around the outside of the tables... thise will look slick and you will be head level looking into the 6’ frag tank... will look like a sushi bar table... lol... Trust me, I do my fair share of running, it does make you get a boost in oxygen and it helps me think clearer... thanks for the kind words... you guys have no idea what your words of encouragement feels like... I feel like a 13 year old getting complimented on how great my science project is or how well I did on a test... lol... very weird admitting that, but hey I have no shame... as far as im concerned ive been to hell already...

No room for shame, only pride in yourself! Sounds like you have overcome a lot. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have a 21 year old with Asperger’s Syndrome. It’s real easy to let all the bad get to you. Got into reefing 3 years ago and it’s helped me so much!! I’m excited to be following along. I have the Reefer 425xl too..and I’m hoping to snag my daughters room (off to college) for my fish room[emoji4]

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No room for shame, only pride in yourself! Sounds like you have overcome a lot. I have Multiple Sclerosis and have a 21 year old with Asperger’s Syndrome. It’s real easy to let all the bad get to you. Got into reefing 3 years ago and it’s helped me so much!! I’m excited to be following along. I have the Reefer 425xl too..and I’m hoping to snag my daughters room (off to college) for my fish room[emoji4]

Everyone has their own unique personal experience in this life... Its amazing the stories of perseverance and strength and what leads you to your own personal happiness... thats why recovery whatever it be in is a very lucrative journey and should be cherished to its fullest extent... never overlooked or underrated!!!!

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe that 6 months ago...... I really did not care what happened to me and how selfish I was for acting like that to the ones that relied and cared for me... especially to my wife and children, not sure when I will forgive myself, but completing step work is truly helping me mend my past...

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrapped the hydro tubs because there was gonna be way too much work involved... friend of mine found this 6ft sump and I hopped on it right away...
c8135111add325eaf988d805c63bd31e.jpg

d1fa52558543f7a4e4f89b39178b21e0.jpg

d98f15bfe092c050016d4cb8be88fd83.jpg

Im thinking of somehow tieing in the icecap sump for more volume... I couldnt get what I wanted for the sump, so Im gonna try and utilize it...
3a86b36b8527105e09847ba2b3d6ea9a.jpg

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back