My Reefing Room Begins...

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I pretty much got the okay from the Wife to use this room as my own for all of my aquariums and frag tanks... I have alot of ideas and will be posting up progress as I get stuff done.. Finally got the room cleaned out... next I will be ripping out carpet... painting walls and then prepping to epoxy the floor for easy clean ups. Those are my goals for right now... wish me luck... So stoked to start this project!!!

Corals.com

Butuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Lol, agree with the above. Wife’s buyin is likely the hardest hurdle in this journey, so you are off to a great start. As you are filling your room, just remember that some of us only got an emtry space by the staircase!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
Earn WWC Rewards Points
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice! How many square feet does that add up to? Does that space have access to plumbing? Maybe a mixing station?
Room is 12’X13’ with a closet that run under the stairs 5’wide and 14’long... my outside hose is directly behind the wall... gonna tap into that for water in the room...

cracker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You will love a fish room ! I used Rustoleum garage floor paint . Very tough & has held up over the years . I assume You have considered getting a dedicated source for electricity. Access to a drain .
Or should we wait until You at least get the floor cleaned up& painted 1st ! LOL

OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You will love a fish room ! I used Rustoleum garage floor paint . Very tough & has held up over the years . I assume You have considered getting a dedicated source for electricity. Access to a drain .
Or should we wait until You at least get the floor cleaned up& painted 1st ! LOL
The drain idea has crossed my mind, but Im not sure where I would put that...

Top Shelf Aquatics

How old do you think you'll be before you are too old to care for a reef tank?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 71-80

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 81-90

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 90+

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I'll reef until I die

Votes: 19 46.3%