My Reefing Room Begins...

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2016
Messages
1,560
Reaction score
1,942
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I pretty much got the okay from the Wife to use this room as my own for all of my aquariums and frag tanks... I have alot of ideas and will be posting up progress as I get stuff done.. Finally got the room cleaned out... next I will be ripping out carpet... painting walls and then prepping to epoxy the floor for easy clean ups. Those are my goals for right now... wish me luck... So stoked to start this project!!!
ffdd690b7c381f96266691c326f7e7b9.jpg
e27618f212719dc52c5c84e469ba364f.jpg
c1d89ab8739e6f77eb02f80d5b0e3acb.jpg
b62b49d19c85e3e59d0f62511d01331d.jpg
 
Lol, agree with the above. Wife’s buyin is likely the hardest hurdle in this journey, so you are off to a great start. As you are filling your room, just remember that some of us only got an emtry space by the staircase!
 
Nice! How many square feet does that add up to? Does that space have access to plumbing? Maybe a mixing station?

Room is 12’X13’ with a closet that run under the stairs 5’wide and 14’long... my outside hose is directly behind the wall... gonna tap into that for water in the room...
 
You will love a fish room ! I used Rustoleum garage floor paint . Very tough & has held up over the years . I assume You have considered getting a dedicated source for electricity. Access to a drain .
Or should we wait until You at least get the floor cleaned up& painted 1st ! LOL
 
You will love a fish room ! I used Rustoleum garage floor paint . Very tough & has held up over the years . I assume You have considered getting a dedicated source for electricity. Access to a drain .
Or should we wait until You at least get the floor cleaned up& painted 1st ! LOL

The drain idea has crossed my mind, but Im not sure where I would put that...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new