My Review of Orphek Atlantik V4 after 15 Months

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a V4 that I've been using for a little past 2 years now. Haven't had any issues with it, corals in my tank have responded very well, so well that I bought a 2nd unit about 3 months ago. I'm very happy with the Orpheks, and I have have used all differents lights, ati t5, radions, kessils, AI,

Corals.com

Dana Riddle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Zooxanthellae can produce mycosprorine-like amino acids (MAAs) that offer protection to radiation of about 310-350nm. Anything above, more or less, is useful in the promotion of photosynthesis. The amount of UV produced and actually reaching corals by any light source depends upon many factors and would have to be examined on a case by case basis.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Well... I have four of these in boxes waiting to install when I build my new tank.

I guess I will make sure my light rack and canopy allow for easy removal of the fixtures.

hart24601

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It's also very possible running the lights lower than 100% might increase the UV longevity if the heat is an issue. Or peak them up and run lower. I run them pretty high but I might just have them peak and them drop intensity later in the day now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Zooxanthellae can produce mycosprorine-like amino acids (MAAs) that offer protection to radiation of about 310-350nm. Anything above, more or less, is useful in the promotion of photosynthesis. The amount of UV produced and actually reaching corals by any light source depends upon many factors and would have to be examined on a case by case basis.
Love mine. They are however powerful. Placed them over healthy SPS under very low power and literally melted a bunch to white in hours!!

mtraylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 5 6300 GHL mitras running over my aquarium. Took one down and replaced with the V4-2. I'm running the coral color program with just modified times at the moment. I didn't do any coral acclimation or any of that crap and the fixture is about 8 inches from the surface. So far so good with no issues what so ever. I"m testing to see if these lights will give me more sps color than my mitras. Will let the fixture run for about 3 to 4 weeks. I have the timing set on the lights that blends with my mitras so there is no disturbance in the tank. Love the colors so far. Everything pops more. Will have to see how the sps respond as well as the lps, zoas etc. If I get more color out of everything, I will probably stay with them. The coverage is so nice it will be hard for me to pass up. Hopefully mine has the issues resolved. The fixture looks great over the tank btw.

Can you run a a successful reef long term without some type of reactor and media?

• Yes

Votes: 147 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 40 19.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Lotus Reef
The Random Flow Generator™ Nozzle by VCA