Reaction score
Well look at that it’s wet. Looking good

Missed so much I may have to see if @Fin got wet
Check my tank status under my profile pic = "Wet. No life." :p

https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
JoshH

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Well look at that it’s wet. Looking good

Missed so much I may have to see if @Fin got wet
It is indeed, finally wet. And I'm already learning some things like right now with no return it's evaporating 1 gallon a day so I'll definitely have to keep ontop of that. Shouldn't be too much for my Tunze to handle though :)

Check my tank status under my profile pic = "Wet. No life." :p
There's got to be life in it now even if you can't see it:)

A little afternoon shot from yesterday...
20200703_211239.jpg

Crabby48

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It is indeed, finally wet. And I'm already learning some things like right now with no return it's evaporating 1 gallon a day so I'll definitely have to keep ontop of that. Shouldn't be too much for my Tunze to handle though :)

There's got to be life in it now even if you can't see it:)

A little afternoon shot from yesterday...
20200703_211239.jpg
Wow! Rock is perfect and love the returns. I’ll have to get you over to setup my next build

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow! Rock is perfect and love the returns. I’ll have to get you over to setup my next build
Thank you! Just started cycling so be a little while longer till there's any life in it but it feels REALLY good to finally be at this stage.

If doing it all over again I would have done a couple things differently if I'm being honest. Still the closed loop system however one with no holes in the tank.

And I dunno about coming over but I'll definitely help you spend your money ;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;)

Scratch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you! Just started cycling so be a little while longer till there's any life in it but it feels REALLY good to finally be at this stage.

If doing it all over again I would have done a couple things differently if I'm being honest. Still the closed loop system however one with no holes in the tank.

And I dunno about coming over but I'll definitely help you spend your money ;Greedy;Greedy;Greedy;)
Trust me, he will help you spend your money...ask me how I know ;Hilarious ;Hilarious;Hilarious

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Trust me, he will help you spend your money...ask me how I know ;Hilarious ;Hilarious;Hilarious
Plumbing looks too good for anything other than clear glass doors though, so totally worth it ;) :p

OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Looks great!
Thanks! There will more than likely be a couple changes to the scape but nothing major. Just want some more hiding space for fish.

I love your tank! It kind of inspired me to do the peninsula style.
Thank you! Honestly I'll never not have a peninsula style again. They are truly awesome tanks, no matter the size and I feel give the best viewing possible which is what we are all after I think. Unfortunately not everyone has the space for a huge peninsula though and they do have there challenges but totally worth it in the end IMO.

Always happy to see someone inspired to do something new and challening :) Hopefully you finish yours quicker than I'll be finishing mine lol!

desagon

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! There will more than likely be a couple changes to the scape but nothing major. Just want some more hiding space for fish.

Thank you! Honestly I'll never not have a peninsula style again. They are truly awesome tanks, no matter the size and I feel give the best viewing possible which is what we are all after I think. Unfortunately not everyone has the space for a huge peninsula though and they do have there challenges but totally worth it in the end IMO.

Always happy to see someone inspired to do something new and challening :) Hopefully you finish yours quicker than I'll be finishing mine lol!
Oh, I finished mine. Last June. Lol. I had contemplated the idea until I seen your thread. That’s when I just did the switch-a-roo and made mine a peninsula. It’s nowhere near as nice as yours though.
I also agree with you, I don’t think I could ever make the switch back to a normal style tank. You get 3 for 1 with this style. It’s awesome. Keep up the good work! It’s very inspiring to many people.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
JoshH

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh, I finished mine. Last June. Lol. I had contemplated the idea until I seen your thread. That’s when I just did the switch-a-roo and made mine a peninsula. It’s nowhere near as nice as yours though.
I also agree with you, I don’t think I could ever make the switch back to a normal style tank. You get 3 for 1 with this style. It’s awesome. Keep up the good work! It’s very inspiring to many people.
Glad you made the switch!! And I appreciate your kind words, I'm trying my best to keep things rolling!

Wanna come aqua scape my next tank yours is amazing haha
I wish I had the time to! Too much going on right now lol

Awesome dimensions on this tank! Jealous of the easy top down views you will have. Im so freaking short I gotta use a step ladder for my waterbox. Ha
Thanks!! I do wish I went a little longer and wider, 72" x 36" would have been PERFECT. I do absolutely love the top down look of the shallow tank.

stay safe ,wanna hear from you in an hour ;)
Does 48 minutes count?

Coral in your reef tank?

• Pack in as many as I can get

Votes: 50 13.1%
  • A lot but leave room for growth

Votes: 257 67.5%
  • Less is more

Votes: 54 14.2%
  • Very very few

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • Fish only...blah!

Votes: 5 1.3%