My shallow reef build 13gal + 12g sump

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so after a bit of planning and being properly annoyed by the hinges, this is my plan to support the ikea stand, its still a bit of work to do but i think that this will be sturdy enough for the 13 g
structure.jpg
structure blowout.jpg
its going to be built by 3/4 plywood and some 2x2s (or the closest we have in Sweden which is 1 3/4') so what do you guys think all help and knowledge is appreciated :)

You will want your top plate to sit on the vertical "legs" to support the tank. There is a thread on RC by RocketEngineer that has DYI stands where you could use his principles (only reason I ever go there - wish he was on this forum - @revhtree maybe you could make that happen? ).

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will want your top plate to sit on the vertical "legs" to support the tank. There is a thread on RC by RocketEngineer that has DYI stands where you could use his principles (only reason I ever go there - wish he was on this forum - @revhtree maybe you could make that happen? ).

Yeah I know exactly what you mean and believe me I’ve been through the planning on this with the support but then there is simply no way I can get the sump in there, but I will sure keep it in mind as I move forward with the planning :) going to call up an old friend that works with construction to hear him out :)

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally the tank is done and waiting for me at the store [emoji1316] going to try to pick it up tomorrow

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it is starting to ich a little bit now, well the holding tank is still going along but the montis are taking of and I really don’t want to use kalkwasser in that small tank to keep up with it so I’m probably going over to 2 small wc a week :)
DSC09709.jpg
DSC09697.jpg
DSC09704.jpg
DSC09700.jpg

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so sick. Before I found your plans on this aquarium on Facebook I made approximately the exact same skisses on how to build it and what equipment to use.
Just yesterday evening I ordered the exact same power distributor thingie :)

I'm planning to use ikea's cabinet that's 80 cm wide instead of this 60 cm one.. and a NA custom made aquarium from Godhemzoo. I'm guessing that's what you did also? ;)
Very excited to see your final steps on this one! And perhaps I can learn a thing or two at the same time!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back