OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so sick. Before I found your plans on this aquarium on Facebook I made approximately the exact same skisses on how to build it and what equipment to use.
Just yesterday evening I ordered the exact same power distributor thingie :)

I'm planning to use ikea's cabinet that's 80 cm wide instead of this 60 cm one.. and a NA custom made aquarium from Godhemzoo. I'm guessing that's what you did also? ;)
Very excited to see your final steps on this one! And perhaps I can learn a thing or two at the same time!

Preach man [emoji1316] well I didn’t use godhemszoo since I’m closer to Malmö :) anyhow i thank thet order from the same fabricator :) it’s a fun build and since I’m teared down the bigger reef I can fond it but I’ve spent more on making the cabinet structurally sound than on the cabinet itself [emoji23]

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sneak peak I think I’m going to love it more than I ever knew [emoji7]
e0d22ff490bcc4cf3392e1a70e5019df.jpg

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preach man [emoji1316] well I didn’t use godhemszoo since I’m closer to Malmö :) anyhow i thank thet order from the same fabricator :) it’s a fun build and since I’m teared down the bigger reef I can fond it but I’ve spent more on making the cabinet structurally sound than on the cabinet itself [emoji23]

Ah, that's awesome! I'm actually closer to Malmö myself.. I'd like to hear where you got it :) My last aquarium got smashed to pieces during transport (thank you DHL) so if I can, I prefer to go get it myself by car. Didn't know someone in Malmö made custom built aquariums.

The cabinet by the way looks absolutely gorgeous. One thing that crossed my mind - are you letting the moist air out somehow? My Reefer 250's got i hole in the back, so mold and stuff won't build up inside. Maybe something to consider.

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, that's awesome! I'm actually closer to Malmö myself.. I'd like to hear where you got it :) My last aquarium got smashed to pieces during transport (thank you DHL) so if I can, I prefer to go get it myself by car. Didn't know someone in Malmö made custom built aquariums.

The cabinet by the way looks absolutely gorgeous. One thing that crossed my mind - are you letting the moist air out somehow? My Reefer 250's got i hole in the back, so mold and stuff won't build up inside. Maybe something to consider.

Yeah there’s gonna be some cutouts in the back but since the overflow is a week away I won’t cut it until then to see where the plumbing is going and there’s probably going to be a small pc fan aswell :) send me a friend request on fb and I can answer quicker buddy [emoji1308]

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a GREAT project!i really like how you reinforced the Ikea furniture. you are now using it more like a veneer, which rightfully so, should be its use for anything load bearing! hah.
Great nano setup too, and i like the design layout of the new tank.

are you going to be using a controller? if so maybe i missed that post.

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a GREAT project!i really like how you reinforced the Ikea furniture. you are now using it more like a veneer, which rightfully so, should be its use for anything load bearing! hah.
Great nano setup too, and i like the design layout of the new tank.

are you going to be using a controller? if so maybe i missed that post.

Haha yeah it is quite woobly and with a hardwood floor I just couldn’t take a risk, well there might be an apex further down the road, and an alkatronic :) but not for the first 4 months of ugly stages :p but there will be room for it ;) though I am thinking of adding t5s [emoji28]

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there’s gonna be some cutouts in the back but since the overflow is a week away I won’t cut it until then to see where the plumbing is going and there’s probably going to be a small pc fan aswell :) send me a friend request on fb and I can answer quicker buddy [emoji1308]

Ah, alright. A pc fan is probably a good way to go. They sure can move a lot of air quite fast. I've sent you a pm on Facebook :)

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions of the tank, it looks really tidy :)
In metrics I guess it translates to 60 cm long, 38 wide and 22 high?

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So quick update, i think I’m going “two islands” on this one, mainly to be able to fit as much as possible in there [emoji23] though I am considering a single island in the middle, and I’m trying to defy the urge to have to much rocks in there so this is base layout, but I am pretty sure there is going to be some rocks getting removed for a sleeker look [emoji28]
79505752a25df3cc27f9d572585a0c62.jpg
1bf03cba158276a9e9a5d0cd59277d30.jpg

Sorry about the mess though [emoji1308]

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So quick update, i think I’m going “two islands” on this one, mainly to be able to fit as much as possible in there [emoji23] though I am considering a single island in the middle, and I’m trying to defy the urge to have to much rocks in there so this is base layout, but I am pretty sure there is going to be some rocks getting removed for a sleeker look [emoji28]
79505752a25df3cc27f9d572585a0c62.jpg
1bf03cba158276a9e9a5d0cd59277d30.jpg

Sorry about the mess though [emoji1308]
This is your first rendition? I take hours to get something that nice. I like the channel between them and the steep drop off cliff on the right side.
Man this tank is going to Rock! (No pun intended);Joyful

OP
OP
Actuallykimhansen

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is your first rendition? I take hours to get something that nice. I like the channel between them and the steep drop off cliff on the right side.
Man this tank is going to Rock! (No pun intended);Joyful

Thank you buddy [emoji7] well this is my favorite pieces of rocks since I tore my 60g down so I knew I had some cool shapes to start with :)

John C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the scape! Seems like you have quite a few choices when it comes to the different distances from the light.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back