My sleeper goby despises me

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a yellow headed sleeper goby yesterday I watched him in the store for a good amount of time he was one of the most healthiest and active ones when I came hole and acclimated him..he was hiding which I figured is normal from my experience with diamond back gobies

today I turned my lights on he is still in the same spot he never came out I checked to make sure he was still alive and didn’t die from stress he just looks at me like he hates me lol

my question …is this normal behavior for them? I really don’t want him to die from stress I would of figured he would come out during the night while lights was off this is the first time I put lights on when I added him….also he is the only fish in the tank at the moment….

my tank has been fully cycled since 2 years I’m just now restocking tank due to the loss of my entire reef tank from February freeze we had here in tx I just kept maintaining a empty tank

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a good week and a half for my green banded goby to come out of hiding. Now he is all over the tank but still likes to hide in the rock holes and behind the rocks. Comes out when I walk by the tank trying to get me to feed him. Glad your back up and going that freeze was bad. I’m in Deep South Texas and we were in the mid teens for three days. I was lucky I hadn’t set mine up yet.

OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a good week and a half for my green banded goby to come out of hiding. Now he is all over the tank but still likes to hide in the rock holes and behind the rocks. Comes out when I walk by the tank trying to get me to feed him. Glad your back up and going that freeze was bad. I’m in Deep South Texas and we were in the mid teens for three days. I was lucky I hadn’t set mine up yet.

Yes ! Surprisingly my FOWLR survived! I think it was due to placement..because my bio cube was near my garage door and it gets pretty chilly in that area but we tried everything to keep the tank warm sadly we couldn’t save it power outages did not help the situation to give the tank a chance to keep warm

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same when I put him in my tank. It took him about a week to come out to where I could see him but would dart back to his hole. Now he is always out! LOL

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He photo bombs all the time now too. LOL

Attachments

• 90B95FA1-310F-4CE0-8A25-1C853CCEEA82.jpeg
    90B95FA1-310F-4CE0-8A25-1C853CCEEA82.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same when I put him in my tank. It took him about a week to come out to where I could see him but would dart back to his hole. Now he is always out! LOL
Quick update he sneaked out to take a look around shortly and I noticed he moved around some sand finally underneath the rock so I’m happy to see some activity was getting worried he went into a stress shock lol cause from last night and this morning he was in the same spot never moved! So we got some movement! They are very funny little guys

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in North Texas and we brought outnour generator to power our tanks when we lost power for 4 hours. My husband ran out at 9pm to get gas and literally got the last that was available at our local gas station. That was the only time we lost power during the storm.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in North Texas and we brought outnour generator to power our tanks when we lost power for 4 hours. My husband ran out at 9pm to get gas and literally got the last that was available at our local gas station. That was the only time we lost power during the storm.
We lost power for 6 days house got down to 48 it was horrible for us. We had two generators trying keep the house warm. So I’m prepared for a power outage now that my tank is running.

smlarson72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost power for 6 days house got down to 48 it was horrible for us. We had two generators trying keep the house warm. So I’m prepared for a power outage now that my tank is running.
I am so sorry! It was definitely a storm for the books! I think we will all be better prepared if it happens again!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back