My SPS & Clam Tank

My water is purple from all the coralline I just scraped.

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0075.jpeg
 
Hey how are the Clams doing?
:)
Great! Growing and extending very nicely. I’ll try to get some pics soon!

How about yours?
 
Great! Growing and extending very nicely. I’ll try to get some pics soon!

How about yours?
That's the thing, the maxima are growing so fast. They have never moved, knock on wood.
Looking forward to images.
 
Beautiful tank. Love the mix. Especially the clams. I have 6. Need to get more. I need to figure out how to get them happy in the rockwork. Have a couple of maxima and crocea happy in the rocks. But I have one that isn’t. In its defense I’m not putting it in a prime spot because I’m about to move the tank and if a rock shifts it will crush it. So I keep trying to put it in a not ideal spot haha
 
Thanks guys!

Those dark blue lipped ones are too pretty. Where did you get them?!
Those are ORA 1st Grade.


So I keep trying to put it in a not ideal spot haha
Some of the clams are sitting in the acro branches. There’s no better cradle than an acro colony. :)
 
Thanks guys!


Those are ORA 1st Grade.



Some of the clams are sitting in the acro branches. There’s no better cradle than an acro colony. :)

That’s an interesting idea. I’ve never considered it. Do you notice the branches dying off or?
 
That’s an interesting idea. I’ve never considered it. Do you notice the branches dying off or?
I haven’t noticed any die-off yet. If the acro colony is large enough, who really cares if a small portion is shaded? :)

Once my acros continue to grow, there will be even more real estate for clams. The acro bases and branches act as clam guards. If not, the high flow will push them off before they get a chance to attach.
 
I haven’t noticed any die-off yet. If the acro colony is large enough, who really cares if a small portion is shaded? :)

Once my acros continue to grow, there will be even more real estate for clams. The acro bases and branches act as clam guards. If not, the high flow will push them off before they get a chance to attach.
Well I currently have a 20:1 acro to clam ratio. I think it may be time to change that.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new