My SPS & Clam Tank

Maybe you’re right. :p
I was lucky to get an acrylic tank for quarantine. But it's being used for molly fish to feed my ribbon eel.

I have to say, there is no color blocks from the plastic. Glass has that tint that messes with how we see our animals :( it's really a kill joy.
 
Clams still staying beautiful? Have you tried Clam Mania? Great prices on Crocea right now. I swear I will never be able to afford a Squamosa again. :-(
 
The clams are thriving. :)

I don’t know why I’m such a sucker for maxima clams. They are growing strong!
 
New Lobophyllia

IMG_0710.jpeg
 


a quick watch. if you plan on really going for clams and have some starfire action going on.
 
Hey do you run starfire glass?
Yes. Low iron/Starfiire.

I didn’t skimp on it because almost all the viewing will be from the front — you can’t cheap out on that. The tank will only be as good as the viewing pane in front of it.

Okay, maybe that last part was a bit of an exaggeration. :D

Let me know how well it heals up for you.
I think they are absolutely gorgeous pieces. But, I never buy them because they seem prone to skeleton exposing.
I noticed the skeleton was showing, so I just moved it after taking the picture. The flow near the bottom is really strong for some reason. It’s almost like the suction of the powerheads pull the water in.
 
I only posted the video because, how in the world do we even know to check for something like that? When you think about how much we spend alone on the glass box, and once it's setup.... Glass corrosion is one of my fears. I think i'd see it now if it was going to happen.

Honestly, I think you're tank will be fine. Just a nice lil odd video.
 
GL on the lobo. It's a very nice piece.
Thanks!

This is my other Lobo. I like its colors a lot. I’ve had it for several years now.

IMG_0168.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Well thats unfair 😡
But, the good news. The fake lobo can be next to the real acans. The reason I bring it up is because I had one. It was mean and wanted to eat his neighbors. So, something to keep an eye on ... But seeing as the @Miami Reef lobo is being blown to one side of the tank. I don't think she's gunna munch on the neighbors anytime soon.
 
Wow!

Acan pachysepta can be a really Vicious Coral, killing and destroying neighboring corals and colonies of typical lobos, scolies, pretty much anything within their substantial reach, something that normal Lobophyllia are simply not known to do.

That’s exactly what mine is! It killed many of my corals.
 
Last edited:
I’m switching to LEDs soon.

Here is my tank right now.

IMG_0766.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new