My SPS & Clam Tank

Yes. LED only! :D

I have a lot of reasons why I want to switch.
Meanwhile im custom building a fixture to add some t5's to my tank to help fight shadows!
 
I’m switching to LEDs very soon. This is what the start of that process looks like.

I’m using aluminum 2040 extrusions. I had to buy 2000 mm and 300 mm extrusions and attach them with 2020 brackets to match my tank size. They will mount with the hanging Radion kit.


The lights should be delivered over the weekend.

IMG_1061.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg
 
Reefi Uno 2.1 Pro

They are coming today (!!!)
Boy I love the look of the light coming out of those fixtures. Excellent choice.
Looking forward to seeing how the spectrum looks on your system.
 
@Slocke

I’m surprised you haven’t picked apart things from the room. I left you some Easter eggs.

For example, the “garbage can” on the lab table. lol
 
I just want to know who the person watching you through the cameras is and why they are making you do all this lab work? Is it a SAW thing?
 
Actually this might interest you. For my job we have to treat heavily contaminated water to release into the Chattahooche. Right now the plan is to use essentially a giant activated carbon filter, think office trailer sized. Right now I’m still working on bench testing plans but it should be fun. I mean maybe not fun because the water is contaminated with the nastiest oil you’ve ever seen and includes a lot of sulfur compounds.
IMG_3834.jpeg
 
I just want to know who the person watching you through the cameras is and why they are making you do all this lab work? Is it a SAW thing?
We have cameras all over the house. :)

Actually this might interest you. For my job we have to treat heavily contaminated water to release into the Chattahooche. Right now the plan is to use essentially a giant activated carbon filter, think office trailer sized. Right now I’m still working on bench testing plans but it should be fun. I mean maybe not fun because the water is contaminated with the nastiest oil you’ve ever seen and includes a lot of sulfur compounds.
IMG_3834.jpeg
Wow! That’s super interesting. Does activated carbon absorb oils? Fortunately, my sense of smell doesn’t work. I can thrive there.

I don’t know how you’re gonna get that body of water cleaned up. I’m gonna need a before and after once this project is done.
 
BC Points and Says, “Wow, Nice Efflo!” efflo:

Growout contest.

June 2024:
IMG_1125.jpeg




Just submitted my final entry yesterday:

IMG_1105.jpeg


1 year of growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new