My SPS dominated reef

reefsahoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
milky way galaxy, 3 planet from the sun, in a coun
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been around awhile and just found this forum. Hopefully i'll find some old friends and reefers here and make new ones.
I've been around aquariums for some time now but have recently gotten really serious in the last year or so. Read lots about the hobby, researched even more. For me an aquarium is not just what's inside the glass box but the entire setup, the whole experience. It should look uncluttered and clean for the viewer. It should be as quiet as possible, look nice in the location and obviously it should look appealing inside the glass box. That being said, my tank is a 3 sided rimless starfire aquarium and here's few pics of my aquarium. These pictures are of my aquarium when it was upgraded and the corals were recently introduced into the tank thus the coloration of my corals are not as vibrant as when i had them in the origional tank.

IMG_3622-1-1.jpg

the left island from the side.

IMG_3628.jpg

left island from the front

IMG_3624-1.jpg

the right island from the side.

IMG_3630-1.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very beautiful! Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
R

reefsahoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
milky way galaxy, 3 planet from the sun, in a coun
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean, good looking tank.

here's a pic of the setup where you can see the lights and partial stand. Everything that is used is stored under the stand so ther is no clutter around the tank. The light were high because all the corals were transfered and was being acclimated to the new light. I have since lowered the fixture and moved some of the corals to their final places. please excuse the red cup, i was letting a mushroom attact itself to a coral shell so i could then glue it to a position.

IMG_3601.jpg

the latest picture of the tank is actually the first picture posted and that was 8_12_09. Some of the corals have now colored up some and looks alittle nicer. I will eventually post some more recent pictures in a couple of months when the tank grows out some more.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great growth for sure! Have you been dosing some steroids? lol

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the size,dims and brand of that tanmk it's pretty sweet!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other.

Back