my upgrade journal/journey

hows your tank doing remi? you liking the new set up?
The light just go on slowly all seems OK. Yes I enjoy it a lot as it is exactly the size I wanted 72/25/16. I can touch the sand everywhere just by standing around. Only thing is the white cabinet was not available. Tomorrow morning, I am leaving for 19 days so today I need to test all parameters to adjust if needed.
What a sump you have, it seems perfect. A bit challenging initially but it will bring for sure great result.
 
i want to get new power bars to replace the ones i have now. they are pretty old. anyone have a certain kind that they feel are a good way to go?
Belkin has always treated me well… but, an even better bet is any power strip which has individual outlets in a metal casing, vs. the all molded plastic power strips (fire safety)!

The good ones look like this:

image.jpg
 
Belkin has always treated me well… but, an even better bet is any power strip which has individual outlets in a metal casing, vs. the all molded plastic power strips (fire safety)!

The good ones look like this:

image.jpg
Do you know how much you paid for that one? I've been wanting to swap out all of my power strips
 
Do you know how much you paid for that one? I've been wanting to swap out all of my power strips
I think this particular one is around $30 at ace, they are available from many retailers for $20-$50-ish though!

There are also rack mounted power strips, and 3-6+ ft long spaced-plug strips built in similar ways!
 
well unfortunately, its a power bar! or whatever they plug into. that and the pump. so off to look for parts! i wonder if i can just put any old pump on there 🤔
You can just put any old pump in there, ideally; check the old pump… it will have a label with a model number somewhere on it at least… this will tell you factory pump specs so you can swap for a suitably sized replacement!

The power bar is likely to be one or several 12-24v DC “power bricks” — this/these are likely for the lights, they may or may not have a label listing their voltage and draw; allowing you to source a generic replacement power brick of suitable output!
 
well, thats the problem. its missing the pump. and i cant find anything on this thing that says which model it is. fun times. oh well i figure it out!
Can you post a photo of the plumbing going into the ATS, and the size of the screen/slot in the pipe the screen goes in? — I can probably make an educated guess to get you going in the right direction!
 
i think im ready to start gluing some pvc together! anybody have a favorite glue they recommend?
For PVC?

Weldon P-70 industrial grade clear primer, Weldon 705 industrial grade clear cement!

I get mine from my local irrigation supply warehouse!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new