my upgrade journal/journey

here ya go. sal 1.027, nit. 29, phos. .46, cal. 400, mag. 1350
I don’t see anything to be the cause, ya phosphate is high but that wouldn’t do it. Mag is fine but like I said mine seem to thrive and really take off at 400 or a little higher. That leaves, if not bjd, pests, lighting or flow. If you didn’t tell me that the flow was fine and because seemed to affect the one side I would suspect strong constant flow on the side affected. Rule out pest and bjd and get back to me. It wouldn’t hurt anything if you treated with cipro, 500 mg per 20g, skimmer off and activated carbon out and then do a water change after 7-10 days.
 
wouldn’t hurt anything if you treated with cipro, 500 mg per 20g, skimmer off and activated carbon out and then do a water change after 7-10 days.
Do you mean this as a tank treatment ?

We have a big thread on cipro tank dosing and it’s 500mg dissolved in 50ml water and for my 75g tank it’s 4ml solution nightly. I end up giving the full 500mg but over the course of 10 days

Your formula sounds very strong and I haven’t heard of that level before
 
Do you mean this as a tank treatment ?

We have a big thread on cipro tank dosing and it’s 500mg dissolved in 50ml water and for my 75g tank it’s 4ml solution nightly. I end up giving the full 500mg but over the course of 10 days

Your formula sounds very strong and I haven’t heard of that level before
This was the instructions I was given from where I ordered it. I’ve done it a few times over the years successfully without any ill effects.
924B2B77-CA66-45AC-9BFE-EE61AC18FE4F.jpeg
 
ok, they is no bad smell on the torch. but you got me wondering kevin if perhaps it was getting too much flow. its been there for so long and always seemed happy. but idk! so i have it moved. should i still do the cipro?
 
ok, they is no bad smell on the torch. but you got me wondering kevin if perhaps it was getting too much flow. its been there for so long and always seemed happy. but idk! so i have it moved. should i still do the cipro?
Well that rules out bjd. Is there any polyps left on either head or are they just skeleton? If there is some polyps left you could use it as a precaution to prevent a secondary infection and let it heal if not and since you’ve confirmed it’s not bjd you won’t have to worry about it spreading to your other euphyllia anymore.
 
if you guys had fish that came with your tank (so not your first pick) would you move them over to the upgrade? or use the chance to take them to the pet store so you can get some of your favorites?
 
if you guys had fish that came with your tank (so not your first pick) would you move them over to the upgrade? or use the chance to take them to the pet store so you can get some of your favorites?
Hmmm, got to go with taking them to my lfs for credit for the fish I want. You’ve put a lot of work into this upgrade to have the perfect piece of the ocean in your head. This is the only answer. Someone else will enjoy them.
 
if you guys had fish that came with your tank (so not your first pick) would you move them over to the upgrade? or use the chance to take them to the pet store so you can get some of your favorites?
If it's a fish I didn't necessarily want I'd call my LFS and ask about trade-in.
 
if you guys had fish that came with your tank (so not your first pick) would you move them over to the upgrade? or use the chance to take them to the pet store so you can get some of your favorites?
If it's a fish I didn't necessarily want I'd call my LFS and ask about trade-in.
I took the opportunity to trade in some fish when I swapped tanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new