OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. There had been some cases from time to time. Thanks again! Tank looks great !
I'm sure the results vary for everyone but I don't see what would cause invert deaths. I do dose into my sump though so it has time to mix and doesn't get applied directly to amything.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure the results vary for everyone but I don't see what would cause invert deaths. I do dose into my sump though so it has time to mix and doesn't get applied directly to amything.
Some algae are actually toxic and the animals are eating it is my theory. Or it has some effect on the algaes already present in the animals digestive track. Def not a wide spread effect. The product does more than just lower nutints to kill the algaes.

OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It
Some algae are actually toxic and the animals are eating it is my theory. Or it has some effect on the algaes already present in the animals digestive track. Def not a wide spread effect. The product does more than just lower nutints to kill the algaes.
It isn't an algae though it's a bacterial additive.

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed vibrant last November. It took about 6 weeks, but all the bubble algae died, and I loved how it reduced the glass cleaning. However, shortly after that I had cyno. It's been about 6 months and I just now am cyno free.

OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed vibrant last November. It took about 6 weeks, but all the bubble algae died, and I loved how it reduced the glass cleaning. However, shortly after that I had cyno. It's been about 6 months and I just now am cyno free.
The makers of it says that it'll eventually take out the cyano but I got tired of waiting and used a cyano remover lol.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The makers of it says that it'll eventually take out the cyano but I got tired of waiting and used a cyano remover lol.
The vibrant actually has a carbon dice that fuels the cyano. One the green plant based pages are dead the vibrant has mostly nothing to do. Cyano is A bacteria not an alge. So it's eating what is in the bottle they put there to feed their microbes. I don't recomend it for long ten use because of this.

I personally think you need a small amount of plant based algaes in the system to promote a good rounded biosphere. They produce a lot of good stuff for other stuff to eat. So I don't agree it needs to be continually killed. It is great for killing nuisance alge or out of control algaes. Dropping the nutrients is just a good side effect.

10Seconds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started using Vibrant on my mixed reef tank and it works great but I am nervous to try it on my SPS tank

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using for a month now. My GHA has grown???? I get heavy cyno with dosing. Bubble algae a little better but not much. The continued growing GHA has me stumped. 0 phosphate and <1 nitrate. Not a nutrient issue. I may give up as I didn’t have much GHA when I started dosing for bubble algae.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use it from the tank setup maybe. I'm sure any bacterial additive will help with the overall diversity of the system
I'm about 2 years old a d still fighting this...
ff752132976fa105dac3fbe286cb4733.jpg

OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using for a month now. My GHA has grown???? I get heavy cyno with dosing. Bubble algae a little better but not much. The continued growing GHA has me stumped. 0 phosphate and <1 nitrate. Not a nutrient issue. I may give up as I didn’t have much GHA when I started dosing for bubble algae.
You get zero when you test because the algae is using it up. The presence of algae is all you need to know that you have P04 and N03

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back