OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 2 years old a d still fighting this...
ff752132976fa105dac3fbe286cb4733.jpg
Have you changed anything recently? Siphoned or stirred the sand bed? Have you done any ICP testing? I like the Coralvue testing because it'll test your RODI water as well.

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used it in my Red Sea 20g Nano. it took about 6 weeks to get rid of all my bubble algae. I did not notice any negative effects on the corals

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you changed anything recently? Siphoned or stirred the sand bed? Have you done any ICP testing? I like the Coralvue testing because it'll test your RODI water as well.
No I havent changed much. I did a 4 day lights out a month ago. It's worked well for about a week. The last ICP test was a Triton back in July I think. Everything was within parameters. It's always been an issue in my tank. I dont remember ever seeing white sand since I restarted it over 2.5 years ago.

shiftline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy to report that it has not come back in my tank after the 6 week treatment... Next im curious to try a 4x dose of fluconazole as i have heard rumors that works as well.. but hard to find threads on it

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what carbon dice is? I had no luck with google, thanks in advance.

The vibrant actually has a carbon dice that fuels the cyano. Cyano is A bacteria not an alge. So it's eating what is in the bottle they put there to feed their microbes. I don't recomend it for long ten use because of this.

triggerfish36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get zero when you test because the algae is using it up. The presence of algae is all you need to know that you have P04 and N03
My friend, your tank looks very well maintained, and it looks like the algae is under control. It looks like you have a vermetid snail infestation though. I’ve had problems with that in the past. Any idea on how to get rid of them?

diver22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hey I just started dosing Vibrant I have a 150 DT and a 50G Sump, should I dose 20 ML for a 200 G ? I'm playing it safe and dose 17ML...

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, hey I just started dosing Vibrant I have a 150 DT and a 50G Sump, should I dose 20 ML for a 200 G ? I'm playing it safe and dose 17ML...
I am doing the same just going a little shy of actual water volume weekly. I’m dosing to try and beat back my bubble algae issue. Did my second dose today. After the first dose I did notice some of the bubbles turning more of a pale green so I’m hopeful it’s having an impact.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back