My Zoa & Paly System

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not expecting to catch much interest as I'm not your traditional reefer and most folks just don't like different and unconventional. However, I'm still a proud reefer just like most everyone else out there, and this is my system thread here on Reef*2*Reef.

I take a whole different approach to aquascaping, and have had big success in the past using my approach (for those of you familiar with my other threads on other sites). My current system is young, and i have recently made some big changes to my setup. For example, I've removed the skimmer, as i am going to setup an algae turf scrubber soon. We can get more into these aspects and explantations later in the thread, but i would like to start with some photos for now.

As of today, I have 32 morphs that are mounted to columns, with one being a double of another. There are a few more double ups on the back frag rack. Some of the pics coming from pieces on the frag rack are from before they were mounted to columns. A couple have not done well since their addition to my display, and i do expect some loses here and there. However, some have done really well, even while ive changed things up and have had some inconsistancy in husbandry. I think i finally have the ball rolling with the spectrum i want, my parameters, and just having some patience and letting things settle in.

I would also like to say, this current display was just something to get myself going again, as i stepped away from corals for a while. This is absolutely not my desired display, or does it do my aquascaping approach any justice. It is simply a 40g breeder with ugly standpipes, and an annoying frag rack in it as well. Its to shallow and small for me to pull off the look and aesthetic feel i want to acheive. However, it is allowing me to get the ball rolling again.

please keep in mind, all but a couple morphs are pretty new to my system, so they have not even begun to grow in and cover the tile columns. But when they do, it will make for a very nice look and display IMO.

All comments, concerns, and constructive criticism is welcome.

So here we go my friends. Thank you for looking ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DC69FC9C-A551-4BCF-8226-0C29A1E7565B_zpswlkdrhin.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to note, the color is not very blue in person. Its just my iphone 4 doesnt do well with the actinics on.

I actually now use 4 ATI true actinics, and 2 ATI aquablue specials. which these pics were taken under.

my dawn/dusk periods, are with just 2 of the true actinics only. My light is pretty high off the tank at over a foot.

The polyps all get a par reading of between 115 and 135.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back