Mystery Wrasse?

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all. Im wanting to add one last fish to my tank but I dont know if my tank is large enough. Its a 75 gallon tank with plenty of LR and LS.

I currently have,

1-Black/White Clown
1-Firefish
1-Male Lyretail Anthias
1-Female Lyretail Anthias
1-Longnose Hawk
1-Yellow Watchmen Goby
1-Coral Beauty

Didnt know if I had enough room left in my tank to house a Mystery Wrasse. Every fish I have will get along by the chart I have. I know there is a rule of thumb on this but cant seem to find it. Any answers would help greatly with my question.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you could add a mystery. Forget the rule of thumb though. You can have a way understocked tank and it still not be healthy for the inhabitants. What's important is if you can maintain a clean healthy system and that the fish can live peacefully and as low stress an environment as possible. Be warned though, mystery wrasses have a well earned reputation for being somewhat aggressive or at least bold.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'll be ok. On the positive side I'm guessing the mystery wrasse would be the last addition. If you do it say goodbye to any shrimp if you have them....my last mystery wrasse was like a torpedo loaded for bear. Good luck!

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you'll be fine, make sure you have a lid, either glass or screens. I've lost one after he made the "leap of faith"

OP
OP
GoTakeANap

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd say you could add a mystery. Forget the rule of thumb though. You can have a way understocked tank and it still not be healthy for the inhabitants. What's important is if you can maintain a clean healthy system and that the fish can live peacefully and as low stress an environment as possible. Be warned though, mystery wrasses have a well earned reputation for being somewhat aggressive or at least bold.

Ive had one in the past. This will be the last fish.

I think you'll be ok. On the positive side I'm guessing the mystery wrasse would be the last addition. If you do it say goodbye to any shrimp if you have them....my last mystery wrasse was like a torpedo loaded for bear. Good luck!

Yep this will be the last fish I will be adding to my tank. Ive had one in the past and lost it when I moved. Was the only fish I lost.

Put a cover over the top too.

Got a glass top already on the tank. Bought one a long time ago when I lost a Midas Blenny due to no lid.

you'll be fine, make sure you have a lid, either glass or screens. I've lost one after he made the "leap of faith"

Got a glass top already on the tank. Bought one a long time ago when I lost a Midas Blenny due to no lid.

Thanks for the quick replys as well. :bigsmile:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back