myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
242438_220067774688869_100000569446834_826989_5443718_o.jpg

Wasn't sure what all the hype was about until I actually saw this piece is person. It really is a nice as its made out to be! Cant wait til it grows haha.

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- Well, I have been pretty sick the last few days and that has given the opportunity to get some tank stuff done. I had been slacking on setting up my dosers and ATO so I finally got that all squared away. Programming all of the different states for the dosers on the AcJr. was a PITA!! But well worth it; nothing like total automation IMO. I can also tell the ATB is pulling more consistently now that the water level is staying consistent in the sump.

A far as livestock goes, everything seems to be doing well so far. I've added all of the last of my left over SPS and I've also obtained a few more chalices as well to add to the collection. The 250w SE radium is reallly bright on the m80 ballast, so I'm taking it slow and am only running it 3.5 hours of MH right now, as in the past all of my tanks have ran nothing but 150w's in sunpod. Quite the jump with this fixture!

Hopefully Ill have some worth while pics up here soon.

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When setting up the ATO I found that the stock tunzee brackets wouldnt allow enough adjustment to actually get the sensor even with my water level. I had wanted to buy the new magnetic mounting kit they offer but I had a spare 6025 magnet here so I just made my own:
IMAG0381.jpg

A little bit of loctite super glue Gel and I was in business!

Shot of the sump and dosing pumps installed(dont mind the mess haha):
IMAG0380.jpg

I can already tell the tank is responding nicely to the addition of steady dosing and a constant SG. The skimmer works a lot better as well. Plus, its such a relief to not have to stress on dosing/topping off every morning before I leave the house and before I go to bed.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great man!!! Love the scolys!

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice looking scape - is that a dustins deep water in that first pic after the fts

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!

Dom, whenever you are in town next hit me up if you want cruise by and check it out.

John- Thanks! Yes, that is my Dustins deepwater colony grown from a single stick from ORA back in the day.

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha nah Im tall enough to take that pic without a chair.....Kray on the other hand not so much haha. You need to check it out in person again soon, starting to look like a reef!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back