OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go Logzor, this is my ATL clathrata taken with my phone just now. Please excuse the quality and lack of color haha

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

At least you get to see the size and growth lol.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee I bet you can see which branch your frag came from haha

Yup the lower left front that wraps around the bottom right piece... So I take it that piece don't like light??? I had it blasted on a frag rack for along time.. Then it was like half way down in my tank and just a brown color before bleachin out and calling it a day..:(

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait the piece from me died?

I have had it good light and it seems to take it, what it does hate is strong, direct flow. Right now I have it right out in the hot spot of my radium, albeit fairly low in relation to the light as my scape is low. Id just keep it mid level and see it how reacts and move it up in you're not happy with color after sometime.

You can see where i kept in the 29(150w radium here):
zoanthids825-1.jpg

Ive always had it out in fairly high light TBH. I need to get a current FTS showing its placement in this tank..

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No my other frag I got from Jared last year.... It's either painfully slow grower or I never got it happy I had it for almost a year and nothing it didn't even encrust..:( your piece is safe and sound in my sand bed right now with pe I didn't even know it had polyps haha...;)

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hell ya man sickest white polyps! Night time and early morning is insane on mine. My buddy Dom(dbarsotti) got a frag from Jared last year to and all his has done is sit there stagnant with little to no growth. He got 2 fresh cut growth tip frags from me and both are doing ok and growing for him, and he has all of them right next to each other in the same spot.

It is a slow grower though man, painfully slow at first. Once its gets going though and has multiple branches it really can take off. Ive had mine since it came out like way back in late 07 or whenever it was; it's still on the original ORA plug!

Last edited:
OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I've found is that this coral seems to be incredibly resilient to increased nutrient in the water. I quite honestly let my 29 gallon go for various reasons and it kept kicking the entire time, while other seemingly more hardy SPS kicked the bucket with the quickness. OBV the color suffered a bit but growth continued and it never showed any signs of ever wanting to recede on me.

Here are some shots of it over the years.

Halloweenpics07353.jpg

smallfrags.jpg

zoanthids427.jpg

zoanthids537-1.jpg

zoanthids634.jpg

zoanthids1722.jpg

zoanthids1889.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone has eagerly been waiting for an update.....actually, well probably not but oh well haha.

Tank has been doing excellent. My sps are beginning to color very nicely ang growth is really picking up on a few.

Here is a terrible FTS I took with my phone. I need to buy a camera cause relying on my friends to take and process pics for me isnt very fun. Hopefully soon that will change.

FTSSOOOON.jpg

I hooked up air injection awhile back.
AIRSINJECTIONNNNN.jpg

Scoly grubbin
SCOLYMIAGRUBBIN.jpg

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. I know you know the feeling hahaha

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! How did you configure your? All I did was zip tie an air line hooked up to an air pump right in front of the return pump inlet. Only thing that was crucial was finding the sweet spot for the placement so that return pump didnt turn into a venturi 100percent of the time. I fire mine 2-3 times a day for around a minute or so each time. I also turn it on when stirring the sand a bit to help keep particles suspended in the column and skimmed out. Seems to really help.

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL i did the same thing!!! first try the airline went into the return pump opening and messed up the pump! lol! my sps seem to have better PE after "shedding" the bubbly!

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. I know you know the feeling hahaha

LOL The feeling of swapping from a 72 to a 120 and not being able to fit the corals from a smaller tank to one that is twice the size...LOL...Yea I know the feeling LOL...I guiess it's not the worst problem to have.

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
few iphone pictures i took of the tank while i was over visiting the other day..

The corals are looking GREAT! tank is amazingly beautiful, clean and super neato

I have a video as well but i need to upload it still in HD which takes awhile, hopefully this weekend.
photo1-28.jpg

photo2-48.jpg

photo3-34.png

photo4-24.png

photo5-15.png

I have some more pictures too.. i'll upload them later :thumbsup:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows that air injection doing for ya???? My tank got a air injection over the holiday weekend when I was out if town...:(. Came home to a tank full of bubbles " top off ran dry" and some very mad sticks it cost me my enchinatas..:cry:

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dom! I like the pink panther and baymac shot a lot, cool contrast. Glad you could cruise by.

That sucks Lee, sorry to hear. Air injection is very cool. I cant say for certain that it's doling wonders for the tank, but it certainly isnt hurting it either. Even if it doesn't do anything beneficial, the looks alone is worth it haha. My acros do really seem to react to it and the tank looks much more clear after.

OP
OP
myzislow

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked with how its taking shape and coming along thus far. Hopefully it grows in nicely. I've been doing a ton of coral shopping lately and have added some pretty sweet SPS frags. Ill try and get some pics of everything soon.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back