E

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOO... Can't wait to see it.
Did you design it or get one from thingverse?
Designed it..

I think its going to work. This will have to be reprinted again I could not figure out where to put all the connector ports . so its only printing the port holes for pi stuff itself.. I can upload it on thingiverse so you can see the concept .. Will do so now..

OP
OP
E

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a Image and a Link
reef-pi 0 test one box image.png Link
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3230365

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Housing for the Reef-Pi Controller... Its a 13 hour print. And i am Editing the Heater hanger.. Its not good as is
Wow, looks like you found a 2nd hobby that requires a ton of patience!

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
E

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good.
How do you incorporate something like a DB9 connector into your design? Is there patterns available to use or do you have to design them as well?
I have been considering a 3d printer for a while just don't know much about them or the software.
You can d/load a model of the connector you want position it behind the part you wish for the cut out and then trace it with the line ,circle or other tools inside fusion to get the shape then basically put out and cut the shape.. ..

yeah its a bit of Learning but if i am getting there .. This is how i did the pi cut outs . I have a 3d printed model and used it as a pattern for the ports...

During designing things you have to think about how the printer can handle this without adding supports during printing. Something i have just figured out.. Well working on figuring out... I will also inset writing above each of the ports once i get the box as i want it. Its a Process ...

Download Fusion 360 and start playing with it.. The printing part is SIMPLE . Modeling not so much ... if you cant deal with the modeling software no reason to get the printer .. I have some cad experience so it helped me get up to speed some ..

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really well.. Not much work on the tank itself. But been working on the 3d printer and learning fusion 360 ..
Printing my First Aquarium part right now.
defuser.png
First actual part for aquarium.. Its a Defuser will go at the top of the Tank Water inlet .. Right now its a UGLY White pipe.. This is 5 inches long and connects to 1 1/2 inch pvc.. I have printed 3 other items . 1 A Repair part for my Miter saw and a another tiny repair piece..

Today the New Ball Valves came in But I am working the next few days . So well.. Its getting there .

@Erica-Renee - did you print this piece out? Is it a weir of sorts?

OP
OP
E

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Erica-Renee - did you print this piece out? Is it a weir of sorts?

I printed a scaled down version of it. Still need to make changes before i print it full size. The return into my tank from sump is just a piece of 1 1/2 white pvc. i want something to kinda hide it .. This is what i will use

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I printed a scaled down version of it. Still need to make changes before i print it full size. The return into my tank from sump is just a piece of 1 1/2 white pvc. i want something to kinda hide it .. This is what i will use

I misunderstood when you said, "Tank water inlet" but I get it now. It looks cool! Plus it will help provide a wider flow to your tank too. So, you've got that going for ya! :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back