OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. I’ll have to catch up slowly. I am loving the long polyp gorg.
I dose Phyto recommended 1ml daily for 10 gallon system. Most of the time i do use more

Thanks, I was chatting to the young lady at the lfs yesterday that runs their cultures, she grinned and said "nice" when I told her I was at 12 - 15 ml a day in here. ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little orange guy is still hanging in there, I'm going to try it in the shade a bit more.

DSC_0057 (1) (1024x744).jpg

I put this in a couple of days ago to see how it did, £5 monti rescue.
It had a dettol dip as there was an egg mass under it and it has damage, we nearly have polyps!
I don't want sps in here but it would be nice to know that if needed I can isolate pieces in here if required.
If it looks at all stressed it will go in the big tank. ;)

DSC_0058 (1024x683).jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just found this thread! I love following your tanks. They're beautifully different from so many other builds. Looking forward to following along. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread! I love following your tanks. They're beautifully different from so many other builds. Looking forward to following along. :)

Thank you and welcome, early days yet but I do have a direction now!
Trying nps in an active food environment (not scientific), by that I mean trying to get the phyto dosing level good for the residents with how well I can see though the glass! ;)

DSC_0061 (2) (1024x655).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I so love this!

Thank you and welcome. :)

xxxx (I know that is 4 xs really don't try this at home kids or you will hear "you can't do that" a lot.
Long story short, once it was about 2/3 full of caulerpa I just pulled about 80% of it and here we are!
Don't ask, never been tested for nitrates and phos!
Finger touch warm and tastes salty, we good so far! ;)

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and welcome. :)

xxxx (I know that is 4 xs really don't try this at home kids or you will hear "you can't do that" a lot.
Long story short, once it was about 2/3 full of caulerpa I just pulled about 80% of it and here we are!
Don't ask, never been tested for nitrates and phos!
Finger touch warm and tastes salty, we good so far! ;)
I love Caulerpa! I plan to add some to my setup, and other macros too. I love corals but I think a mix of both in a display is just awesome.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Caulerpa! I plan to add some to my setup, and other macros too. I love corals but I think a mix of both in a display is just awesome.

We could talk display refugiums all day lol, it is a box of circulating water with macros and corals as the main nutrient exporters. no mechanic filtration except floss when I do something dumb, I am still finding the balance point but I think I am getting close, currently dosing 10 - 15 times what it says on the bottle of live phyto a day.
There is an sps in here as well, if it goes brown that is fine as long as it is healthy that will just be the lights.
Loving having nps to enjoy! ;)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, loving this being grubby but now with an added purpose. :)
I’m really liking several tanks on here at the moment, going in new directions, and trying different things...it’s even dragging a bored stick lover to broaden his horizon. I hope you and yours have a merry Christmas and enjoy several measures of your favourite rum...

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really liking several tanks on here at the moment, going in new directions, and trying different things...it’s even dragging a bored stick lover to broaden his horizon. I hope you and yours have a merry Christmas and enjoy several measures of your favourite rum...

Thank you, I got a bottle of Redleg spiced for sipping over the next few days, I don't do xmas, have a good one you and yours! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back