• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Najer's zen twins.

Fragtacular Sale

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Lol that is very funny, ... What do you call a poorly octopus? :)
UK money joke, "I'll give you a poorly octopus for it!" :p
You English and your sense of humor here in the states to us it seems dry.......hahaha

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
The girls and the ff.
Ff is slowly coming out more but is still very easily spooked, we'll get there! ;)

DSC_0083 (2) (1024x752).jpg DSC_0088 (1024x751).jpg DSC_0090 (1024x718).jpg
With all the issues I can't believe you still got Fox face. If that was my fish I would have told him, her, them, it , too go back to your country........haha being a son of immigrants, of course to a person I don't say that don't even think it.

But the fish I don't care

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
With all the issues I can't believe you still got Fox face. If that was my fish I would have told him, her, them, it , too go back to your country........haha being a son of immigrants, of course to a person I don't say that don't even think it.

But the fish I don't care
It could well be coming out, I have to be very careful doing anything in the tank, if it spooks whilst my hand is doing something it might not end well for me!

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Car still at the pound, I have all the documents I could muster and hopefully the last one is in the car. I will go over tomorrow.
Whilst on the phone to the insurance company I got put through to their pet insurance section, Charlie passed 18 months ago but I had been paying still as they never got the cancellation, they are going to refund me about £650! :)
I can feel a coral treat coming! ;)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The fox face is slowly getting more chilled and is out and about more. :)
The first two pics are in a patch of sunlight, it shows the pink better, because I shoot most fish pics from the desk end I am shoot their low light sides most of the time as in the last two pics. ;)

DSC_0095 (1024x711).jpg DSC_0097 (1024x726).jpg DSC_0101 (1024x690).jpg DSC_0102 (1024x714).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
My skimmer threw a hissy fit over night and flushed 5 days of dry skimmate back in to the tank, that will set me back about 2 or 3 weeks, I need a sensor on the cup to stop that happening again
In the past I was never really worried about a little skimate overflowing from my collection cup but now that I have a float switch in my skimmer I must say I love it! I can even set a audible warning that goes off when it’s full.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I want to be able to take pics like you when I get my tank up and running again. I checked out the link to the lens you use. I found it on several websites across the pond. They are $650. I can't bring myself to spend that much right now so I think I will get a used lens before the recent update. Essentially it's still the same model just with some fancy upgrades. I found several in the $175-$225 range.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I want to be able to take pics like you when I get my tank up and running again. I checked out the link to the lens you use. I found it on several websites across the pond. They are $650. I can't bring myself to spend that much right now so I think I will get a used lens before the recent update. Essentially it's still the same model just with some fancy upgrades. I found several in the $175-$225 range.
Decent equipment doesn't come cheap but it is my companion hobby and have had 2 of the lenses for years, I swapped a lens that was too fish eyed for tank pics for the Nikon zoom, the autofocus doesn't work, I would never have paid what he did for it new it just means I can't really use it for fish pics. ;)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I need to get this identified, I have a mate who described a monti to me and I said no I didn't have it.
I have been watching this colour up at the active tips, a yellowish colour.
What threw me was he said bright green polyps.
It was under an xr 15 in the shop and had bright green polyps, I forgot! ;)

DSC_0102 (1) (1024x683).jpg

crusso1993

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The fox face is slowly getting more chilled and is out and about more. :)
The first two pics are in a patch of sunlight, it shows the pink better, because I shoot most fish pics from the desk end I am shoot their low light sides most of the time as in the last two pics. ;)

DSC_0095 (1024x711).jpg DSC_0097 (1024x726).jpg DSC_0101 (1024x690).jpg DSC_0102 (1024x714).jpg
The third one down is my favorite. Gotta love the two photo bombers!

@Matt Carden - Good camera equipment, like a number of other hobbies, can cost big dinero. It's like tools though as once you take the hit for something good it's a done deal and you have it for life.

Below is a very good link with some great info. The OP, as well as a number of other contributors, are really fantastic photogs. It may give you some ideas about additional photo gear.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The one I linked to is the same Tamron but without theVC (vibration control) and the waterproofing. it's just used. As long as I buy through PayPal and it says in the discription that there are no scratches on the glass I should be good.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 170 43.6%
  • Every Month

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 55 14.1%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 43 11.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 18 4.6%