OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Car still at the pound, I have all the documents I could muster and hopefully the last one is in the car. I will go over tomorrow.
Whilst on the phone to the insurance company I got put through to their pet insurance section, Charlie passed 18 months ago but I had been paying still as they never got the cancellation, they are going to refund me about £650! :)
I can feel a coral treat coming! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fox face is slowly getting more chilled and is out and about more. :)
The first two pics are in a patch of sunlight, it shows the pink better, because I shoot most fish pics from the desk end I am shoot their low light sides most of the time as in the last two pics. ;)

DSC_0095 (1024x711).jpg DSC_0097 (1024x726).jpg DSC_0101 (1024x690).jpg DSC_0102 (1024x714).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer threw a hissy fit over night and flushed 5 days of dry skimmate back in to the tank, that will set me back about 2 or 3 weeks, I need a sensor on the cup to stop that happening again

In the past I was never really worried about a little skimate overflowing from my collection cup but now that I have a float switch in my skimmer I must say I love it! I can even set a audible warning that goes off when it’s full.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to take pics like you when I get my tank up and running again. I checked out the link to the lens you use. I found it on several websites across the pond. They are $650. I can't bring myself to spend that much right now so I think I will get a used lens before the recent update. Essentially it's still the same model just with some fancy upgrades. I found several in the $175-$225 range.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to take pics like you when I get my tank up and running again. I checked out the link to the lens you use. I found it on several websites across the pond. They are $650. I can't bring myself to spend that much right now so I think I will get a used lens before the recent update. Essentially it's still the same model just with some fancy upgrades. I found several in the $175-$225 range.

Decent equipment doesn't come cheap but it is my companion hobby and have had 2 of the lenses for years, I swapped a lens that was too fish eyed for tank pics for the Nikon zoom, the autofocus doesn't work, I would never have paid what he did for it new it just means I can't really use it for fish pics. ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get this identified, I have a mate who described a monti to me and I said no I didn't have it.
I have been watching this colour up at the active tips, a yellowish colour.
What threw me was he said bright green polyps.
It was under an xr 15 in the shop and had bright green polyps, I forgot! ;)

DSC_0102 (1) (1024x683).jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fox face is slowly getting more chilled and is out and about more. :)
The first two pics are in a patch of sunlight, it shows the pink better, because I shoot most fish pics from the desk end I am shoot their low light sides most of the time as in the last two pics. ;)

DSC_0095 (1024x711).jpg DSC_0097 (1024x726).jpg DSC_0101 (1024x690).jpg DSC_0102 (1024x714).jpg

The third one down is my favorite. Gotta love the two photo bombers!

@Matt Carden - Good camera equipment, like a number of other hobbies, can cost big dinero. It's like tools though as once you take the hit for something good it's a done deal and you have it for life.

Below is a very good link with some great info. The OP, as well as a number of other contributors, are really fantastic photogs. It may give you some ideas about additional photo gear.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I linked to is the same Tamron but without theVC (vibration control) and the waterproofing. it's just used. As long as I buy through PayPal and it says in the discription that there are no scratches on the glass I should be good.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"How was your day Simon?"

Don't even ask, I had to deal with real people and use three different forms of public transport to get my car back from the pound, how do you think my .... (beginning with f) in day went?

"OH!"

I finally have the new Indo coral in my tank, this made me happy! :)

DSC_0097 (1) (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New coral decided the change of direction. Ok I have been thinking about this for a while, I can do acros but I am going to settle the tank again, let the tank breathe.
I went ambitious and failed, forgetting what the cave gobies did, I had the tank nearly balanced except for the acros, they let go first, all softies, lps and most non acro sps are cool, I guess I learned a lesson the hard way!
I need a step back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back