Najer's zen twins.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
"How was your day Simon?"

Don't even ask, I had to deal with real people and use three different forms of public transport to get my car back from the pound, how do you think my .... (beginning with f) in day went?

"OH!"

I finally have the new Indo coral in my tank, this made me happy! :)

DSC_0097 (1) (1024x683).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
New coral decided the change of direction. Ok I have been thinking about this for a while, I can do acros but I am going to settle the tank again, let the tank breathe.
I went ambitious and failed, forgetting what the cave gobies did, I had the tank nearly balanced except for the acros, they let go first, all softies, lps and most non acro sps are cool, I guess I learned a lesson the hard way!
I need a step back!

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I didn't have to work today as the not so reliable Friday guy turned in.
I nearly had my first Indo. acro, it was bagged and someone said it was reserved, it got un bagged! ;)
This was a not so little brown thing in their tank, I love my lights, this side (front view) only gets T5s! :)

DSC_0100 (3) (1024x684).jpg DSC_0102 (1) (1024x718).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Back to the day I designed the twins, I was in love with my 170 ltr custom aio, I had an idea but I wanted to still see what I saw but bigger, the display is about 300 litres now, the other 250 litre water volume sustains the display, in theory I could extend the twins but that would be more expensive than a custom 72 x 36 x 21 custom low lagoon and a bit of structural building work! ;)

crusso1993

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Back to the day I designed the twins, I was in love with my 170 ltr custom aio, I had an idea but I wanted to still see what I saw but bigger, the display is about 300 litres now, the other 250 litre water volume sustains the display, in theory I could extend the twins but that would be more expensive than a custom 72 x 36 x 21 custom low lagoon and a bit of structural building work! ;)
Is this your special way of saying you'll soon be setting up a new 235g tank? ;) ;)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is this your special way of saying you'll soon be setting up a new 235g tank? ;) ;)
Maybe! ;)
This has been on the back burner for a year or so, redundancy in September screwed me, I am awaiting two payments, once I get the second payment the glass will be ordered, around May to start an actual build plan! ;)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
This will sound silly to anyone that has an actual BIG tank, but I worry in the new big tank, I won't see things frame by frame like I love so much. Trying to scape to insure we don't lose that.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This will sound silly to anyone that has an actual BIG tank, but I worry in the new big tank, I won't see things frame by frame like I love so much. Trying to scape to insure we don't lose that.
Keeping it interesting, mine is a jumble but I like it that way, if I didn't feed the fish for a week no-one would starve, they all have the ability to feed themselves, I like how they are active and graze or hunt, busy and happy (as far as it's possible to tell) I don't have a single fish that swims around looking bored!
Interactions be it fish, creatures or corals, I stopped watching tv about 9 months ago and don't miss it, I'd much rather watch this! ;)

DSC_0107 (1024x683) (2).jpg

DSC_0103 (1) (1024x684).jpg

I took this earlier, look how the nepthea is closed in the above pics, I moved the toadstools ( It might have left a baby behind, took a bit of shifting and was just placed there!), the nepthea was wide this morning. ;)

DSC_0099 (1) (1024x684).jpg

Are you a Builder, Maintainer or Both?

• I woud rather build out a new system

Votes: 131 24.6%
  • I would rather maintain a system than build it out

Votes: 60 11.3%
  • I's passionate about both

Votes: 341 64.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors