Najer's zen twins.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
One of the staff at my lfs is a marine biologist, very handy!
We had a chat about a week ago about how I clean the tank up.
He suggested ozone, I am a smoker, potential explosion, not gonna happen!
I use oxydators?!
I just re fueled my D model and popped it in by my skimmer intake, it will be interesting to see what happens! ;)

Corals.com

crusso1993

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
One of the staff at my lfs is a marine biologist, very handy!
We had a chat about a week ago about how I clean the tank up.
He suggested ozone, I am a smoker, potential explosion, not gonna happen!
I use oxydators?!
I just re fueled my D model and popped it in by my skimmer intake, it will be interesting to see what happens! ;)
Yes, that will be quite interesting to see what the results will be. You running 2 or 3 catalysts and at what percentage? (You've probably mentioned this before but dain bramage... no memory!)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, that will be quite interesting to see what the results will be. You running 2 or 3 catalysts and at what percentage? (You've probably mentioned this before but dain bramage... no memory!)
I put the D by the skimmer, 9% and two catalysts, I loved his explanation all be it referencing ozone, it will be interesting to see if my skimate production changes! :)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I helped out at the lfs earlier for a couple of hours, my mate had 2 boxes of live stock dropped off by the manager who then shot off to do a job so I sorted the corals out and dripped the fish.
6 soft corals and as soon as I saw and felt this it was always coming home with me!
Felt, these are maricultured on rubble and basically peeled apart in chunks, 2 small pieces already removed and dropped in the puddle!
The amount od fauna on it is amazing so I didn't dip it! :eek:
People eaters are palys and not zoas, zoa nudies won't touch them.
The leopard wrasse and scopas have been all over them! ;)
Still waking up, pic to follow.

DSC_0104 (1024x762).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tighter than a camel's bottom in a sand storm, they can'y hold their collective breath forever! ;)

DSC_0104 (1) (1024x684).jpg

... *Breaking news* ...

I just scored a £1400 light (new price) used (ex display) 36" version of my pacific sun, the dream upgrade for my light as it is the next size up, extra led puck and it is the light that was supposed to be over my display!
It was used over an sps tray and is the reason I bought my 24", I get to keep my Bali led program and my corals will love me loooong time! :)

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not aimed at anyone, I don't even talk to my phone unless it is during a phone call!

"Alexa, please disconnect the solar panels?"
" Done Simon."
"Alexa, please disconnect all power to the little tank?"
"I can't do that Simon."
"Alexa, explain?"
"I have learned that you love the contents of that small glass box of water and to turn the power off would mean the demise of that tank, I can not do that my X!1369O? programming will not allow that, can I pour you a vodka tonic?"

I don't even have a functioning ato, well I do, me, I have a 3 head Kamoer doser in a box I need to dose 2 things and still need to be brave enough to use it even with a double back up on the kh addition!
I know I just bought the GHL, that is part of a longer term plan, when I do the new tank I might tighten the control of the twins a bit, Alexa can suck my ...!

Lowell Lemon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Apparently they are going to ban Diesel and Petrol cars in the UK in twelve years!
In twelve years I will be 67, they will pry the keys of my V6 Mercedes out of my hopefully recently cold dead fingers if I live that long! ;)
Yeah right. Time to ship your car to the U.S. with you in it...we will take you and your car lol! What genius thinks they can just wave a magical wand and poof all the combustion engines are gone. Good luck with that!

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It will be nice to have full lighting again, I will start the leds at around 50% as there will be 2 x 75 watt led pucks, one will be directly over the acro island.
I need to find my bit of paper with the tube order, I know it is 3 x blue plus, 2 x purple plus, 2 x coral plus but I can't remember the last tube! ;)
Still a pair of T5s to come on, I will test nitrates and phos later, change the carbon and phos media and empty the skimmer in case it throws another hissy fit!

DSC_0109 (1) (1024x623).jpg DSC_0109 (1024x730).jpg DSC_0116 (1024x708).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok, let's not get too excited, I need to get a power supply to see if it is even alive.
I do have the link cable, snag 2, it is some sort of stone age connection so I need to find an adapter for my laptop.
There is software available for my laptop so that should make things easier, I have some reading to do!
It only has a temperature probe with it but if we get life I guess we can test it. ;)

DSC_0105 (1024x488).jpg DSC_0106 (1024x683).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The light is a 4 tube not 8, it will do, for £50 it will do the job, if I do try acros again the led puck over that spot should be fine. ;)
It didn't come with a power supply for the leds and there are 2 inputs so I might not get both pucks?!
They don't have the 4 tubes I want in stock so it will wait until next week.

Corals.com

Are you a Builder, Maintainer or Both?

• I woud rather build out a new system

Votes: 130 24.6%
  • I would rather maintain a system than build it out

Votes: 59 11.2%
  • I's passionate about both

Votes: 340 64.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors