OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tighter than a camel's bottom in a sand storm, they can'y hold their collective breath forever! ;)

DSC_0104 (1) (1024x684).jpg

... *Breaking news* ...

I just scored a £1400 light (new price) used (ex display) 36" version of my pacific sun, the dream upgrade for my light as it is the next size up, extra led puck and it is the light that was supposed to be over my display!
It was used over an sps tray and is the reason I bought my 24", I get to keep my Bali led program and my corals will love me loooong time! :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only I knew someone in Sweden to post this to, possibly not working, £15, I took a chance?! ;)

1581531661470.png

Gee, I wonder who, in Sweden, might be able to use it... ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not aimed at anyone, I don't even talk to my phone unless it is during a phone call!

"Alexa, please disconnect the solar panels?"
" Done Simon."
"Alexa, please disconnect all power to the little tank?"
"I can't do that Simon."
"Alexa, explain?"
"I have learned that you love the contents of that small glass box of water and to turn the power off would mean the demise of that tank, I can not do that my X!1369O? programming will not allow that, can I pour you a vodka tonic?"

I don't even have a functioning ato, well I do, me, I have a 3 head Kamoer doser in a box I need to dose 2 things and still need to be brave enough to use it even with a double back up on the kh addition!
I know I just bought the GHL, that is part of a longer term plan, when I do the new tank I might tighten the control of the twins a bit, Alexa can suck my ...!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently they are going to ban Diesel and Petrol cars in the UK in twelve years!
In twelve years I will be 67, they will pry the keys of my V6 Mercedes out of my hopefully recently cold dead fingers if I live that long! ;)
Yeah right. Time to ship your car to the U.S. with you in it...we will take you and your car lol! What genius thinks they can just wave a magical wand and poof all the combustion engines are gone. Good luck with that!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be nice to have full lighting again, I will start the leds at around 50% as there will be 2 x 75 watt led pucks, one will be directly over the acro island.
I need to find my bit of paper with the tube order, I know it is 3 x blue plus, 2 x purple plus, 2 x coral plus but I can't remember the last tube! ;)
Still a pair of T5s to come on, I will test nitrates and phos later, change the carbon and phos media and empty the skimmer in case it throws another hissy fit!

DSC_0109 (1) (1024x623).jpg DSC_0109 (1024x730).jpg DSC_0116 (1024x708).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's not get too excited, I need to get a power supply to see if it is even alive.
I do have the link cable, snag 2, it is some sort of stone age connection so I need to find an adapter for my laptop.
There is software available for my laptop so that should make things easier, I have some reading to do!
It only has a temperature probe with it but if we get life I guess we can test it. ;)

DSC_0105 (1024x488).jpg DSC_0106 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is a 4 tube not 8, it will do, for £50 it will do the job, if I do try acros again the led puck over that spot should be fine. ;)
It didn't come with a power supply for the leds and there are 2 inputs so I might not get both pucks?!
They don't have the 4 tubes I want in stock so it will wait until next week.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, nitrates 100 and phos .5 plus.
I didn't test them again as I tested the puddle at the same time, 10 and .05.
The puddle a flat zero for both on Sunday! :eek:

My estimate of being set back about 3 weeks due to the skimmer incident might have been on the low side, I have beer and vodka, back to water changes tomorrow and fresh media, I am considering setting up a phos reactor for a bit.

The green slimer I got a week back is very fluffy, I need to glue it in place! :)

DSC_0107 (1024x766).jpg

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My estimate of being set back about 3 weeks due to the skimmer incident might have been on the low side, I have beer and vodka, back to water changes tomorrow and fresh media, I am considering setting up a phos reactor for a bit.

The green slimer I got a week back is very fluffy, I need to glue it in place! :)

DSC_0107 (1024x766).jpg
What lighting do you use? Also you corals always look amazing.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_0107 (1024x766).jpg
Simon you are a reefing phenomenon (I think this is the right word but It’s a compliment)!! Lol

The tank looks beautiful so sit back enjoy the view, beer and vodka preferably together

My current tipple as I type, is Vanilla absolute vodka chaser with a home made beer called Old Suffolk strong Ale. And they compliment each other beautifully.......

And me and Simon are ok because it’s ‘time’ here in England! You lot in the US will have to wait, well.......

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_0107 (1024x766).jpg
I do not see any effect in your reef Simon. Everything seems beautiful as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back