Name your 3 fish!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name your 3 fish

1: Paid the most for ( actually spent money on)
2: Is actually worth the most (could sell for now)
3: That priceless fish ( just cant live without)

I will go first.

1: Achilles Tang, Was my most favorite fish and I had to have one no matter the price.
2: Chevron Tang, bought it before the ban and have been offered a nice chunk of change for it, which i declined.
3: Copperband Butterfly, Eats the aptaisa and leaves the coral alone. Bought him before I went on deployment and he cleared out the little pests before I got back, which meant an easier time for my wife to take care of the tank.

Lets hear yours!
Here’s mine;
1. Paid The Most for;
I’m actually unsure, I believe it’s my Tongan Black Foxface but could be my Diamond Tail Flasher as I got 10% off of the Tongan which brought it down from £330 to £280 (USD wise that would’ve been from 420 down to 356). Yet paid full price for the DT.
IMG_8237.jpeg

IMG_8236.jpeg

2. Worth the Most, this is probably my Magnificent now. I’ve seen babies (1.5-2”) sold for £99 or $126 and this guy is likely 7-8” and could go for £450 or $575 if I tried to sell him.
IMG_8090.jpeg

3. Couldn’t live without fish? This is hard… I love my wrasses and angels but at the same time, my first ever rabbitfish was a Magnificent and my dream one has always been a Tongan black.
I think just because it was the first ever fish I actually saw in books and fell in love with, it has to be Ikea, the Regal Angel. Plus she spits at me when she’s hungry!
IMG_8231.jpeg

And just for fun, I’ll add a 4th category;
Fish you got for a price but actually should’ve been more.

Back in June, I spotted a gorgeous Gold Nugget Wrasse in my LFS. Now, they had no idea they even had one so it was sold under a Timor Wrasse. Previously in 2022, there was a period where 100s of these came in and almost everyone had one yet prices were very high - some even in the 300s for a male. This guy was only 30 for me.
IMG_8377.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name your 3 fish

1. White tail kole tang (rather expensive in the UK!)
2. Not a clue - probably my Magnificent Fox Face :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
3. My Tomoni tang (Tommy!)

OP
OP
am3gross

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. White tail kole tang (rather expensive in the UK!)
2. Not a clue - probably my Magnificent Fox Face :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
3. My Tomoni tang (Tommy!)

I love my White Tail, she is currently employed in one of my frag tanks. The other frag tank has to juvenile Yellow Tangs, which are just like todays juveniles, LAZY, and they dont eat no algae!

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. My gem tang ($900)
2. My gem tang - he’s the current leader of the tank and extremely non-aggressive. Basically puts my Purple tang in check.
3. My gem tang — although I truly love my Diamond Goby and appreciate his service to the tank.

1703719791462.jpeg

Last edited:

FernBluffReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like
My dwarf Angels (Coral Beauty and Flame) save somebody started eating my blastos and I have my suspicions.
The clown fish nestling in the Ritteri
And I'm leaning towards getting a copperband

mgawel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name your 3 fish

I will go first.

1: Achilles Tang, Was my most favorite fish and I had to have one no matter the price.
2: Chevron Tang, bought it before the ban and have been offered a nice chunk of change for it, which i declined.
3: Copperband Butterfly, Eats the aptaisa and leaves the coral alone. Bought him before I went on deployment and he cleared out the little pests before I got back, which meant an easier time for my wife to take care of the tank.

Lets hear yours!
Name your 3 fish

I will go first.

Lets hear yours!
1. Fiji foxface rabbitfish: lives long in aquarium.
2. Asterospicularia soft coral: hard to obtain.
3. Stonefish Synanceja: Had to catch our own and train it to feed on dead baitfish.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Probably my foxface. Was around 100. Great fish
2. Probably my tomini tang. Bought it for 50 bucks the size of a nickel, but it's now fat, colorful, and about 4 inches long and at this size and health Probably worth like 200.
3. Toss up between warpaint clown goby and pygmy angelfish. Watching the angel cruise the tank is unforgettable, and watching the little clown goby perching on a 18 inch toadstool all day begging for food is too darn cute

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tangs
angels
shrimp
Harlequin tusk

novasive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name your 3 fish

I will go first.

Lets hear yours!
1. Flameback Angel paid around 75$
2. Tomini Tang
3. Toss up between my Diamond Goby(workhorse) and Lamark Angel and Pygmy Cherub Angel.

fishkat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. My gem tang ($900)
2. My gem tang - he’s the current leader of the tank and extremely non-aggressive. Basically puts my Purple tang in check.
3. My gem tang — although I truly love my Diamond Goby and appreciate his service to the tank.

1703719791462.jpeg
beautiful ! what kind of sandbef do you have and how do you keep it so clean?
fishkat

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back