• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Nano and Pico Tank Sizes

Reaction score
I guess Nanos are becoming not so Nano any more ... and I see a lot of 40B's that are being referred to as Nanos but I agree maybe there should be a category called " Small Reef" in addition to Nano, and Pico, and maybe even Femto :)
Yes I agree, it's a bit like mobile phones, the "in-thing" was smaller phones as technology developed, next thing you know our mobile phones are almost the size of tablets

https://www.omegasea.net/

adobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Personally, I don't really see the utility of categorizing tanks as pico, nano or otherwise - the exception being to be able to navigate to forum threads that are regarding tanks that are in a specific size range.

Other than that, pico compared to what? Nano compared to what? I would submit that any tank, even the mult-million gallon tanks in public aquariums are "pico" compared to the natural habitat from which the inhabitants are collected.

Do you use "Dedicated FLOW" to try and keep your sand bed clean?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.2%
  • No

Votes: 187 66.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 6.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors