Nano Cube 28-gallon CF-QUAD

sweat044

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I am getting this for my stepson. He wants a mixed reef. I have only kept zoas. I need all the help and advice I can get. Will the lighting be able to handle all corals? Do I need to run any reactors or dosing pumps? Please Help

lost02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The quads lighting is good for corals that require low to medium lighting. Probably not strong enough for hard corals. As far as dosing everyone has different opinions. I don't really dose and have kept happy corals for over a year. Also can depend on tank stock.

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We grew montipora and pocillopora with the quad PC but we had it ~6" below the surface. YMMV.

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this setup but changed out the hood to the pro LEDS. Now I can get any coral or clam in the tank I want.

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We swapped the hood to one that had LEDs too. We did not really see the colors pop until we saw it with only blue LEDs. And the LED hood is much quieter. I ended up with the whole cube that received my old hood, so we might end up using that as a frag tank.

Reef_Lounge_USA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
105 watts of PC in a nano is sufficient for ALOT of corals. From meeting dozens upon dozens of customers with this same tank, I've had unheard of success stories. I have one guy that regularly comes in with excessive branching hammers frags that he trims and trades me all the time using the CF 28 gallon (note: he doses two part). I have another customer that has a large grapefruit size bird's nest colony growing nearly out of the water in his system that he bought from me as a small mariculture. And all he does is regular water changes.

So yeah, the CF will definitely do a lot of LPS and certain SPS for sure. As far as sufficient PAR, just make sure you stay on top of those bulb changes.

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the exact tank I've had for several years. As others have mentioned, just need to stay on top of maintenance. My live stock... (2) fish, CUC, SPS - Red Planet, Millepora, Stylophora, LPS - Acan Lords, Acan Echinata, Acan Bowerbanki, Chalice, Favia, Scolymia, Duncan, Euphyllia (hammer), Nuke Green Candy Canes, Zoas and Palys. Truth be told the tank is over stocked and I need to upgrade badly. I sell regularly to my LFS and have a pretty significant credit with them. I change bulbs every 6-8 months, dose two part daily (about 25-30 ml of each) as well as magnesium. I additionally have a GFO reactor and change water (5 gal) about every 5 days.

Back