Nano Reef Waterbox 35.5 Build

MommaGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Currently waiting on my Waterbox 35.2 to ship, so I am in the process of getting the remaining equipment lined up. I won't lie, I am a bit nervous about the size of the tank, as most of my previous tanks have been quite a bit larger, but I didn't feel super comfortable with having too much water in an apartment. I thought about switching to the WB 50.3 last minute, but they were out of stock for the Labour Day sale. The idea is for a typical tank stock in terms of fish for a nano (clown, blenny, smaller species of wrasse), with mostly LPS coral. I may try a montipora when the tank is established, but I am thinking mostly if not all LPS.

My current equipment is:
- WB 35.2 AIO tank + stand + mesh lid
- AI Prime 16HD light with 12" arm (maybe a second one down the road)
- IM MightyJet 538 GPH return pump
- Nero 3

I have been going back and fourth with heater options and am stuck between an Eheim Jager 150W or an IM Helio 200W. I get the extra security of controlled heaters, but I am not sure it will be worth the upfront cost. I am leaning towards the Helio, because I know I will probably want it down the road anyways. I appreciate any feedback on this. I am also looking at an ATO and an RO unit, but these will be later purchases. Was thinking I'd just purchase RO water for the time being. I will need to think about where I can hook up an RO unit first. Messing around with plumbing in a rental is tricky, and my plumbing fixtures don't have any attachment threads.

Hoping to post pictures of the process when I get the tank!

zfisk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my heater away from an eheim jager. The money is definitely worth it, the sensor inside those heaters to me don’t seem accurate. For such an important piece of equipment it’s money well spent.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back