Nano reef5

Gnarles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4236.JPG
IMG_4237.JPG
hey everybody my first time going outside of using the forums to hunt down advice and information. This time I'll be shareing my nano tank setup and I'll keep it updated as things happen! I have a 100gallon reef system for about a year now with some success. As I am gaining knowledge and awareness with my big tank I'm excited to run a 5 gallon nano in my kitchen My first question is what fish to stock? My gut tells me a pair of tank raised ocellaris clowns will be awesome in the kitchen... another side of me thinks firefish goby. I will attatch more pics soon! Thanks!

OP
OP
Gnarles

Gnarles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4240.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG
Last night my light arrived and I took advantage of the sale at Jans Tropical one of my LFSs and brought home a "tomato clown" that has two stripes and the beginnings of a third at the start of his tail... never seen this pattern on a "tomato", considering that it may be a odd looking little maroon lol if anyone can clear that up I'll post more pics! He was a fraction of the size of the other tomatos and was chasing the honey damsels around so I took one of them home to keep the clown company. Dropped a large leather frag from my big tank in there and were off!

OP
OP
Gnarles

Gnarles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4259.JPG
IMG_4260.JPG
I knew when I added my stock it was a little early so I was watching my water closely and with some ammonia occurring the tomato clown was suppressed to the back corner.. I was worried until today with good water peramiters after a change he is out and about looking for food! The honey damsel hasn't been phased at all lol he's a bruiser

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back