NANO SKIMMER

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. I am reaching out to get opinions on the best nano protein skimmer. Got myself a 20 gallon water box aquarium. Going to have a heavy bio load. I am selling my house and currently have a 40 gallon breeder which I don’t want to give up my corals. So at my temporary stay I am getting a nano to keep all my corals going forward for my next set up. Budget not a factor.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look t the IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer and Eshopps Nano Skimmer. While I don't have those particular ones they are often recommended in this forum and I also saw them recommended while researching. I ended up with a IM DC skimmer as part of a tank bundle and like it a lot.

OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look t the IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer and Eshopps Nano Skimmer. While I don't have those particular ones they are often recommended in this forum and I also saw them recommended while researching. I ended up with a IM DC skimmer as part of a tank bundle and like it a lot.
Do you know if those recommendations will fit into the filtration area of would be main display ..

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

reefrookie379

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Np, good luck and keep us posted on which one you decide to go with.
I went with the Eshopps nano skimmer. I guess it is their second generation, a little different and .75 inches bigger from the build thread you forwarded me. Hopefully it still fits. I will let you all know!

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to figure out the size of the AIO, that'll pretty much dictate what you can and cannot use. I have a 12 gallon and currently use a HAQOS PS-50 on mine....it skims a lil' wet but does the job. Most people will wrinkle their nose at the idea of a skimmer on anything under 30 gallons or so. You can make one that'll do the job pretty easily. Reef Glass makes a nano skimmer that's just a glass tube and a wood airstone. Very easy to knock off. I've never seen a HOB skimmer that anyone would recommend. lol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back