Nanoreefings 40g cvue tank

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Thought I would post my new tank thread. So far I picked my tank and stand up which is a cobalt aquatics 40g cvue.
Right now I’m waiting on my dry rock, and AI Primes to come in from BRS.

Haven’t really decided on a stocking list besides for my carpet anemone.

Going to make a media rack for the tank.

If anyone has any good updates for it, like skimmers and things like that please let me know. F2B71FBE-90C7-4201-8E5D-860E07D83E55.jpeg 7018E100-F3FC-4552-9D85-A6529FD0DF41.jpeg 5BD13CB4-1BEE-4A9A-AA95-04C9101FE4BC.jpeg

Reefsmoker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, i was just looking at these tanks, I have a coralvue Lumen bright 250 watt metal halide i used for a 40g frag tank, thing is amazingly bright. What lighting you going with, what coral/critters you have planned for it?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet nem? What sort?

Once, decades ago, I had a 58g oceanic dedicated to a green haddoni nem and a pair of true percs. Made for a great display, but tank mates were a bit limited... seeing as how the carpet nem would eat anything else I put in there :(

Good looking glass... Looking forward to seeing what you make of it!

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, i was just looking at these tanks, I have a coralvue Lumen bright 250 watt metal halide i used for a 40g frag tank, thing is amazingly bright. What lighting you going with, what coral/critters you have planned for it?
I been looking for a few weeks and decided to pick one up. I have two ai primes on the way in to put in the tank.
So far just my carpet nem that’s in my other tank after I’m done with the cycle.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet nem? What sort?

Once, decades ago, I had a 58g oceanic dedicated to a green haddoni nem and a pair of true percs. Made for a great display, but tank mates were a bit limited... seeing as how the carpet nem would eat anything else I put in there :(

Good looking glass... Looking forward to seeing what you make of it!

Yeah that kinda my problem not sure what I’m going to put with it. I have a gold nugget clown right now that will be in the tank with it, but other than that I don’t know yet
B5310E71-98D1-44F4-8F0E-C060FE6F6B1D.jpeg

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Haddoni to me... I'd expect him to grow a bit yet. Mine was like 20" across.

A school of Sexy Shrimp, perhaps? As long as you don't have one of the larger clowns, they'd probably do well together. Interesting critters.

I couldn't keep any other shrimp with my carpet nem... cleaner shrimp just made a nice snack for him.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Haddoni to me... I'd expect him to grow a bit yet. Mine was like 20" across.

A school of Sexy Shrimp, perhaps? As long as you don't have one of the larger clowns, they'd probably do well together. Interesting critters.

I couldn't keep any other shrimp with my carpet nem... cleaner shrimp just made a nice snack for him.
It is huge when fully open.

I thought about doing sexy shrimp, love them. I have 6 in my fluval 13.5 they hang out all day in my rock flower garden

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the only date I have is everytime I open the door to my office my car run in and jumps in to my tank 79B2E9D6-CDB6-4C3E-8EE1-489C15449046.jpeg

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is up and running. Filled the right side of the tank with crush coral for an rock flower anemone and much room area. While get my ai prime mounts tomorrow. Cycle begins today :)
EA342DC1-4C23-4497-87AB-8798C282BB92.jpeg

webvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about to buy this tank soon. What light did you go with? would the Fluval SEA Marine & Reef 3.0 led light fit?
Also, how big of a skimmer could I fit in the sump compartments? What about a heater - can it go in the back compartment as well?

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about to buy this tank soon. What light did you go with? would the Fluval SEA Marine & Reef 3.0 led light fit?
Also, how big of a skimmer could I fit in the sump compartments? What about a heater - can it go in the back compartment as well?
Hey, I went with two ai primes. One still isn’t on the tank. It’s on my other tank while I wait to transfer my carpet anemone. I guess if you did the 36x48 it would fit. I have not bought a skimmer yet. But I’m looking in to buying the ice cap k2-50 protein skimmer. Yes the heater can go in the back area
A9F6B141-FB7F-45CE-B122-74AAC9E5331F.jpeg

webvision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, there’s so little info on this tank it’s hard to research.
About how many lb live rock did you use?
How many fish do you think this tank can hold given live rock/sand a good cleanup pack, skimmers etc

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, there’s so little info on this tank it’s hard to research.
About how many lb live rock did you use?
How many fish do you think this tank can hold given live rock/sand a good cleanup pack, skimmers etc
Yeah it’s hard to find info. I got to see the tank a few times before I got it. Lfs has one set up. Also talked to cobalt aquatics too. I have about 30lbs in the display and about 5 crushed rock in the back. I have two fish in mine. Lighting maroon clown and a gold nugget clown that’s all I’m putting due to having a carpet anemone, but you could deff do more of you keep up with water changes or nutrient exchange. A nice skimmer willl help. I have a chaeto reactor on mine

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using any wavemakers/powerheads for this tank?
I’m using and ice cap gyre 3k way to much for the tank. Was paying attention when I ordered and picked this one. I meant to get the 1k. It just fits. Way strong I have it on 10%

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back