Naso tang piched stomach?

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My local fish store has a Naso tang but it looks like it might have a pinched stomach. The fish is actively eating. I haven't had much luck with getting Nasos through quarantine. Has anyone had problems lately or any experience with this?

20250731_145138.jpg 20250731_145140.jpg 20250731_145139.jpg
 
It is a little thin. There have been problems with Naso tangs recently. I would not purchase unless the store would allow it to stay there under observation for 3-4 weeks
 
My local fish store has a Naso tang but it looks like it might have a pinched stomach. The fish is actively eating. I haven't had much luck with getting Nasos through quarantine. Has anyone had problems lately or any experience with this?

20250731_145138.jpg 20250731_145140.jpg 20250731_145139.jpg

Those little "divots" are pretty common in Naso tangs coming through the supply chain. Blond nasos are having a lot of health issues lately, but this is a regular lituratus.

It should still be given a good quarantine.
 
Yes, I have heard about the blonds and have experienced that issue as well I've wrote them off for now. I would be curious as to why this is happening suddenly.

The LFS will hold it another week then I'll take it from there if everything looks good. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new